What's new

The Vault and 8.1

fitzbond

Is anyone else experiencing crashing when trying to save to the Vault using Windows 8.1? I never had an issue until after updating.

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
That was reported to me by a customer this morning - updating Vault solved the problem. Which build of M-Files are you running?

Customer was running Vault 9.0.3372.5 - currently available from downloads page is 9.0.3372.6 I don't know if that one will resolve it - updating to generic M-Files 9.0.3372.41 fixed the issue, Using the generic M-Files image and 'simple upgrade' option works but you will lose the Logo in sidebar that is unique to the Geomagic version.

Kyle

There is a compatibility issue between Windows 8.1. and the current Vault 9.0.3372.6 that is available to download from http://www.alibre.com. We are currently working with M-Files on providing the service release 9.0.3372.41 packaged with the Alibre Vault. In the meantime you may wish to check-in all documents and perform a full backup of your Alibre Vault.

Once you have done this you can then download the 9.0.3372.41 directly from M-Files and import your backup or perform an upgrade.

TimoCAD

Hi Kyle,
are there thoughts about a new documentation especially for integrating Geomagic Design.
I mean a detailed advice for using m-files, with Geomagic Design. For example API, Numbering, Revisions, etc.?

fitzbond

I think my Vault/Data is hosed. It tells me I have 884 items checked out but when I select show the result is 0, the same result when I select "checked out by me". I tried to log out and it locks up.

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
Did you leave files checked out when updating M-Files? - if so bad move.

Try to locate the local cache files that MF Client uses - though they don't look like normal files, they are (just with extensions changed) - it is possible to open them. I suggest take a copy of that cache, put it somewhere that you can safely play with the files.

fitzbond

I'm using Explore M-Files (9.0.3372.6) I checked Geomagic download and it is the same version currently.

Kyle

fitzbond said:
I'm using Explore M-Files (9.0.3372.6) I checked Geomagic download and it is the same version currently.

We have updated the installers for Alibre Vault. The new version is 9.0.3372.41 which resolves the issue of saving files into the vault causing Windows 8.1 to BSOD.

If you already have a version of the Vault installed, do not uninstall it. Make sure everything is checked in before proceeding. It is highly recommended that you create a backup of your vault once you've checked-in all files. Run the new installer without uninstalling your previous version. Failure to adhere to these guidelines may cause data loss.

If in doubt, please contact Support:

Email: support@geomagic.com

US and International: 877.525.4273 (Option 2)