What's new

Thickness of the lines in the drawing

Marco-IT

Hi everyone,
Alibre's graphics are really clean and level management is good. I modified some parameters of the lines and I am very happy with it.

But I can't do one thing: how do I change the thickness of the drawing as I have highlighted in the image?

Attachments

• IMAGE.jpg
    IMAGE.jpg
    315.5 KB · Views: 34

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
Change the line weight for the relevant layer. Note that the changed weight will only affect the on-screen display if you have 'real time line widths' enabled in system options -> Drawings -> Viewing/Interaction. Otherwise the line weight only takes effect when the drawing is printed.

Marco-IT

I changed all the thicknesses, but the result is not what I expected.

Basically everything changes except what I wanted.

Attachments

• image1.jpg
    image1.jpg
    497 KB · Views: 24

Marco-IT

This is the difference between standard view and shaded view.

Is there a way to have the same black line weight in the shaded view as well?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    233.3 KB · Views: 27

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
No - the shaded view is actually the view from the 3D workspace, so layer weights don't apply.

Marco-IT

Sorry guys,
Can you explain this mistake to me?

Why can't I make a shaded view?

The funny thing is that in an assembly that I created starting from this I can make the shaded view.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    115.3 KB · Views: 13

Marco-IT

Thanks David.

I did some tests.
With the exploded view it works.
It goes wrong with the configurations.

But that doesn't explain why I was able to create a shaded view where the assembly has both the configurations and the exploded view.

I saved this assembly under another name and created a new table and it still works.

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
Read the help article VERY carefully. The limitation is in very specific circumstances. Exploded view is not a factor in the limitations.