What's new

This morning Surprise!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RocketNut

Alibre Super User
When I fire up my machine I got this surprise!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Attachments

• Geomagic Design License 2.jpg
    Geomagic Design License 2.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 28
  • Geomagic Design License.jpg
    Geomagic Design License.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 142

RocketNut

Alibre Super User
I just called Geomagic and now Design is unlocked. I was also told they have a list of over 30 users that have drop maintenance due to no updates in the past year. So I think 3DS/Geomagic is getting the message of us users are not HAPPY.

JST

Alibre Super User
Maybe if they would put out an update notice, some of us would update.

I should be due, but have heard nothing DESPITE asking how I can re-up the maintenance.

jordanyte

I got this today and had to re-activate the license online.

Not a big deal, but a bit scary when I consider there's been no update in OVER 18 MONTHS. I am on subscription/maintenance/whatever.

Is this abandonware?

I cannot afford Solidworks personally though I have access to it at work, but I would much prefer just stick with Alibre/Geomagic it is a great tool. I'm just worried there'll come a day I can't even use it any more when I really need to.

MKR

I fear this will happen to all of us one day.
If it happens that they abandon the software, will it then be possible to find a way to use it without online activation?

wildwood58

I got the dongle when I renewed 18 months ago.... don't need to be online
I really need to try and open since I too let my maint. expire (same reason)

HaroldL

Alibre Super User
RocketNut said:
I just called Geomagic and now Design is unlocked. I was also told they have a list of over 30 users that have drop maintenance due to no updates in the past year. So I think 3DS/Geomagic is getting the message of us users are not HAPPY.
Another indicator is the number of active users on the forum. It seems, at least to me, that there used to be a whole lot more activity on the forum. Now when I click on the "View active topics" or "View new posts" buttons they are getting to be fewer and fewer. :(

If anything is going to happen with GMD I hope it's like what Dave said in 2001.