What's new

Threads misrepresented

jfleming

Alibre Super User
I found a bug, maybe this has been reported or discovered by others???

The threaded hole representations go kinda whacky when a blind hole goes partially through an edge/surface. Not sure if that makes sense, see screenshots. This is a #10-32 hole. See how it partially blows thru the lower face?

Now If I change the depth of hole as shown in file "threads3" , it comes in correctly.

Attachments

• threads.jpg
    threads.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 26
  • threads2.jpg
    threads2.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 24
  • threads3.jpg
    threads3.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 24

HaroldL

Alibre Super User
Did you have "Drilled" selected in the Hole tool?

I turned in a ticket that when creating a hole with "Drilled" selected and setting the depth condition to be offset from the selected Limit Geometry the drill point does not get added. It is added when Blind or Through are selected.

HaroldL

Alibre Super User
Yeah, there is something messed up with the display of the thread graphic. I just tested a 10-32 hole and at a depth less than the flange thickness the thread looked OK. But when I changed the hole depth to the same as the flange thickness the graphics were skewed.

Hole Not Thru.png

Hole Same As Flng.png

I also noticed that the thread display started to correct incrementally as the Hole depth increased. How odd is that?

You could always change the thread display to Color or None based on the scale of the part/drawing and how visible they will be.

But in the mean time turn in a ticket so Development can take a look at the issue.

Trey71105

Did you put the threads in using the Helix cut feature after using the hole command?
I tried the insert hole for 1/2" NPT and it only inserted the drill hole and no threads.