What's new

Tiled Printing

pc-6

I am looking for a program that will work with an Alibre file to print large format on a standard printer. The program would need to take the drawing that is larger than 8.5 by 11 and tile it with reference marks so that after printing you assemble the pages with the reference marks lined up and then tape them together. Does anyone know of such programs ( perferably free ), and how well they work.

Thanks
Leif

bigseb

Alibre Super User
Inkscape could do that. It would be one hell of a job though, creating all those separate sections. Then you have to remember that a standard printer doesn't print right to the edges of the sheet...

Just curious but why don't you go to a printing service?

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
IsiPlot is listed in the Useful Utilities thread. I think I've also seen something with a name like ' Poster Print ' or similar mentioned elsewhere.

pc-6

I'll take a look at inkscape and poster print.
I have Isiplot and it does work, but the quality is extremely poor when I convert the file to a raster for printing.

My application for this is building RC model aircraft. Often I will design a part and want to print it and use it as a template to cut the wood peices. It is very time consuming and expensive to take a file down everytime I need to make one or two parts. Many times this is a redesign as I go process when working with someone elses plans rather than creating the whole aircraft, and taking it to the print shop for large format printing.

Thanks for the input,
Leif

vet111

Search "Printing to scale on multiple pages". Make a "Detailed View" and print each page. Regards Brian