What's new

Tool bar size

HaroldL

Alibre Super User
Has anyone else noticed that custom tool bars are slightly narrower than the standard tool bars when placed on the side of the workspace? When placed horizontally at the top they appear to match the height of those on top. :? :? If I move a vertical standard tool bar from the side and place it on top it looks like it matches the height of the horizontal tool bars. Almost like it adjusts to match the height.

Attachments

• SideToolbar.jpg
    SideToolbar.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 1,174
  • Top Toolbar.jpg
    Top Toolbar.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 1,180
  • StdBarontop.jpg
    StdBarontop.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 1,172

sigseven

Hmm, it looks like the cause is the extra width from the triangle button used to open up the flyout.

blecha

Tool bar orientation

Not the answer, just a basic question.

I moved inadvertently the toolbar from the right vertical position to the horizontal position; can't find the way back i.e. to the right vertical. From your post I understand you know how to do it. Thanks to spare the time to drop me a word ...

Dave H

Re: Tool bar orientation

blecha said:
Not the answer, just a basic question.

I moved inadvertently the toolbar from the right vertical position to the horizontal position; can't find the way back i.e. to the right vertical. From your post I understand you know how to do it. Thanks to spare the time to drop me a word ...

There should be a "handle" on each of the toolbars. It looks like a few dots in a row/column at one end of the toolbar. Click and drag on that to reposition them.

Max

Administrator
Staff member
Correct, just drag the multiple dot area on the top or left side of toolbars to reposition. Note that you can also position toolbars on the left and bottom of the screen as well.

MilesH

Alibre Super User
Max said:
Note that you can also position toolbars on the left and bottom of the screen as well.
It would be nice if they could be docked to the inside edge of Design Explorer.... :)

dmerrll

Is there anyway to lock the toolbars in place permanently for all drawings? Alibre crashes 4 or 5 times a day and most times everything is the same when I reopen. Once in awhile,every couple of days, All toolbars are gone. I go to system properties enable toolbar. Then I have to go to view and select them all again. Put up with the jumping around in height as I move them around and finally get it back to where I like it. I would like to lock this down for ever. I do not make money playing around with an innnerface, only by drawing and machining.
Thanks, David

MilesH

Alibre Super User
David,

Save a copy of this file:
User.NET.profile

In XP:
C:\Documents and Settings \"windows user name"\Local Settings\Application Data\Alibre Design\Default User

In Vista/Win7:
C:\Users\"windows user name"\AppData\Roaming\Alibre Design\default user

If you lose your settings in a crash, you'll have a back-up.