What's new

Top assembly error.

ClaudeG

Hi,
I requiree help, I dont see what I am doing wrong.
Explode the included package,
open "Comptoir - ensemble.AD_ASM"
add component "Comptoir C - Sous-ensemble.AD_ASM"
and now, you will see the last loaded sub-assembly has parts from previous assembly.

To build the different components, I copy and re-name and re-edit for new dimension; is the error comming from that procedure.
Done with V24.

ClaudeG

Attachments

• Comptoir - ensemble.AD_PKG
    785 KB · Views: 1

HaroldL

Alibre Super User
There is no "Comptoir C - Sous-ensemble.AD_ASM" in your package file to add to the assembly.
To build the different components, I copy and re-name and re-edit for new dimension; is the error comming from that procedure.
How are you copying the file? You should use File>SaveAs to save to a new name. Never copy and rename a file in Windows Explorer. That messes up the internal ID numbering of the files. That has been discussed at length on the forum in the past.

ClaudeG

I made a second package including the missing sub-assembly. You could compare Comptoir C - Sous-assemble.AD_ASM to the one into Comptoir - ensemble2.AD_PKG

Attachments

• Comptoir - ensemble2.AD_PKG
    829.6 KB · Views: 4

HaroldL

Alibre Super User
If you want the parts in Comptoir C - Sous-assemble.AD_ASM to be named for Comptoir C then you need to SAVE AS those components to be Comptoir C components.

For example in Alibre open the file Comptoir B - Bas and SAVE AS Comptoir C - Bas. And open Comptoir B - Fond and SAVE AS Comptoir C - Fond. Make any dimensional changes, Save, then build the Comptoir C - Sous-assemble.AD_ASM with those new components.

HaroldL

Alibre Super User
It looks like you've got it solved now. Each sub assembly has its own named components.

Individual Components.png

ClaudeG

Do this:
create a new assembly, load Comptoir B - sou-ensemble and then load Comptoir C - sous-ensemble.
You will see the last loaded assembly has components in it swapted.

HaroldL

Alibre Super User
I'm not seeing that. Not sure what's going on on your end, Check your file structure and save locations.

Here's my new assembly:
FinalAssy.png

ClaudeG

Hi,
here see what I am obtaining!

Attachments

• Comptoir B - sous-ensemble.PNG
    Comptoir B - sous-ensemble.PNG
    395 KB · Views: 11
  • Comptoir C sous-ensemble.PNG
    Comptoir C sous-ensemble.PNG
    378.9 KB · Views: 11
  • When assembling both.PNG
    When assembling both.PNG
    575.6 KB · Views: 11

ClaudeG

I found the mistake I have done. I have redo somme assemblies using part done as suggested as save as.

Thanks for the help.

ClaudeG

HaroldL

Alibre Super User
Glad to be of any help that I can.

I think this may come up once in a while for other users because of the "copy and renaming" issue. They just may not post on the forum about it. Maybe you could post what you did by mistake so others can learn from it.

ClaudeG

Hi Harold, the mistake I did is, I made a part save it and copy 3 times with a different name; than I re-edit each part with different dimension and sve each of them.
To fix the problem, I ceated a part and made save as with different names.
Salutations!
ClaudeG