What's new

Trace parts DVD and Alibre

Hello all, I have recently received the trace parts DVD but when I install the DVD it does not see alibre to install the drivers for it. Of course I sent an email off to trace parts but thought maybe someone here could point me in the right direction to get it to work.

Thanks in advance

Wing-Nut

I received the DVD a month ago but have not installed it yet. I'll try it this weekend to see if it works.

beastro

Wing-Nut said:
I received the DVD a month ago but have not installed it yet. I'll try it this weekend to see if it works.
Do you have to buy that DVD, or is it part of your Alibre package?

Thanks

Berthold

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
Note that the link Ralf provided is for a Trial Licence to the DVD version - I'm not clear how long the trial lasts, and how much it costs to purchase the full licence.

As part of some versions of Alibre, you get access to the Web version of Traceparts.

The two versions aren't quite the same thing - does anyone know if your Alibre Web entitlement also 'unlocks' the DVD (it would be handy when an fast internet connection isn't available).

Ralf

Alibre Super User
In Germany it is quite clear: O-Punkt customers receive a free license key after registration. :D
(Without Software Maintenance)

But in any case, I would use the free online version traceparts online
More than 7 GB of data on the hard drive is not necessary...

beastro

DavidJ said:
Note that the link Ralf provided is for a Trial Licence to the DVD version - I'm not clear how long the trial lasts, and how much it costs to purchase the full licence.

As part of some versions of Alibre, you get access to the Web version of Traceparts.

The two versions aren't quite the same thing - does anyone know if your Alibre Web entitlement also 'unlocks' the DVD (it would be handy when an fast internet connection isn't available).

Hi David,
The trial lasts 15 days. Thereafter you have to license the DVD version which costs around 300€ for Alibre one node license and around 500€ for a flexible license. I don't think, considering the price of Alibre, the DVD version can be unlocked. The web version is included in my Pro version of AD.

I initially was under the impression the DVD is just an offline version of the WEB version, but considering the price, I did not even download the DVD image :wink:

Berthold

I downloaded the dvd trial good for 10 days the way I understood it was the dvd being sent will have a license key but I did not pay anything for it. So maybe not.
My original question was if trace parts dvd could directly input into alibre I do have it selected in add on manager, but when I install trace parts Alibre is not on the list of cad software like it is not recognizing it.

Thanks for all the good tips, I use Misumi a lot as well I work for a Japanese company and we buy a lot of stuff from them