What's new

Troubles remembering working folder

I store all my models in different folders, I usually create different folders for each model and it can have also several sub-folders. When I open a file in a particular folder and after some modifications i use the “Save As” command and it remember the folder where i worked. Even if i create a new part it “remembers” the folder where i am working on it.

Unfortunately it doesn’t not work within assemblies, if i create a new assembly i can select all the parts i have made there but .. When i try to save the file it doesn’t remember the current folder.
you can try using the commands like "save" "save all as".
This is very confusing because sometimes i can’t find the assembly file. Is there a way to solve this problem. I own Alibre expert 13,0,0,13060 on windows 7.

Thanks

Carlos

BernardK

Alibre Super User
Use the icons at the top of the screen to set the target folder for the assembly. It is both confusing and frustrating to know where the assembly is saved. There have been posts on the forum about how the save/save all operations work.

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
Since you own Expert, probably the best solution would be to start using Vault. Define either a 'project' or a 'product' for each new design, which can later be used to locate files.