What's new

Tsunami hits Japan!

wathavy4

Alibre Super User
Thanks, Tim.
Also, thank you Sebastian for your post!

Here is the online NHK TV live link.
Sorry all are being Japanese but i'ts a LIVE NHK (BBC of Japan)

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/nhk-gtv

So far over 1,000 are reported to be sacrificed.

As the time goes by, it may ,quite probably, be increased.

Amazingly, it appears as if the sea level went up, it actually lowered the face of the flat land near the sea coast. Thus the town is under water now.

And note the strength of the buildings. Most of them are well prepared to the quake itself. Not to the flooding of this scale which helped inflated the damage.

Here are some other news, perhaps.

NUC power plant is planning to vomit contaminated fluid out of the pressurized tank..... oops.

The Mousehouse, sorry, Disneyland in Chiba said to have been sunk into the ditch of Tokyo bay.....are we sure?

Over 8,000 Japanese army, oops, self defense troop is at rescue work.

BTW, I had magnitude of 4 at this incident yesterday, but this morning we had 4 and nearby town 80km away had 6, one more time.

No flood here so no casualties at all. Only the flood is the cause of the massive death and injury.

This might be right next to Kobe Hanshin Earthquake's scale's casualties loss.

According to one souse, 150 years ago, the same type of earthquake was there.

BTW, while I was writing these above, the reports increased the deaths over 500 and missing 800 over, adds up to over 1,300 missing and death.

I cannot tell how many of them have lost their accomodations, yet, but it could be couple of 10s of thousand people have....

They called for help to US government first thing yesterday.
(They agitated to answer to volunteer help from Russian, Chinese and other's calls.. is the rumor true that Japan is the 52nd state of U.S.....?????)

So as myself too to AD....(oops.)

Max, good news is I am still alive and be your client as ever, bad news is the potential users's toll might have been flooded, partially..(sorry to the loss....)

I am sort of Cheshire cat, so don't blame me of being sarcastic, and prone to joke over the seriousness.

My condolences to those who are in the middle of the disaster.

I am impressed that Japan is as such that all are well organized to help out the survivors. Bank permits them to have petty cash without their pay check, nor bank record.
(All records are lost. Including survivor's IDs.)

Thank you for reading this messy (annoying ?) post.

wathavy4

Alibre Super User
It became uglier..

As you may have heard, they seemed to have had one reactor melt down at 1st Fukushima Nuclear power plant.

The government posted evacuation order of 20km radius of 1st Fukushima Nuclear power plant, the area includes 10km radius of 2nd Fukushima NUC plant.

20:30 PM the government reported that the vessel is still sealed.

But, some of the reactors are following the similar symptoms and the chain reaction may start.

The government reports may not be quite right.

Broadcasters report that one has melt down, except NHK(=BBC equivalent of Japan).
The NHK reported that the external building has been exploded. The pressure vessel inside the external building is shielded yet...

But this seems not consistent with the explanation why the explosion occurred.
The Hydrogen explosion would happen with sodium reacted with water, as we all aware of, after the three mile island incident.

I'm not so sure if this government is trustworthy about this symptom's explanation.

Unless, it is possible to have explosion and meltdown of reactors and no breakdown of the pressure vessel... but how?

indesign

Alibre Super User
A new alert over the nuclear plant.

http://www.wcyb.com/news/27184574/detail.html

This section was allarming
"The aircraft carrier USS Ronald Reagan was about 100 miles (160 kilometers) offshore when it detected the radiation, which U.S. officials said was about the same as one month's normal exposure to natural background radiation in the environment."

wathavy4

Alibre Super User
Sorry, I just skipped reading your replies, later I will in my office.

So far we are petro thirsty at my area, 400 over km westward away from Nuclear power plants.

I personally suspect that they are not telling us truth. The radioactive material may be out of the pressure vessel.
And it is boiling down toward Brazil.... Brazilian syndrome..

US as well as Japanese troops were said to have been exposed to radiation, but some may have inhaled the ashes of nuclear meltdown.

They are GE type NUC reactors, so I could speculate they are well aware that telling the truth won't make things better.
They might be hiding it, since the reactors could be fatal to those who work vicinities.
And they may have operated the plant under government order not to stop, which may explain why the worst case is happening.
The automatic shut down system must have been overridden due to this order to keep Tokyo up and go.
And they are trying to hide these bad decisions, they made.

These are one speculation.... no one knows about the truth.

According to the report 150,000 over death toll.
It might reach 200,000 soon.

Unprecedented huge loss, with natural cause.

Japanese have risen and fallen like a sun... :(

BernardK

Alibre Super User
Toshi,

The news reports are showing how bad this disaster is. I hope you are safe and well.

Good luck, we are all thinking of you. It will take a long time for the Japanese people to recover from this.

BernardK

jhiker

Alibre Super User
wathavy4 said:
Japanese have risen and fallen like a sun...

..and will rise again. Notwithstanding the terrible human casualties, if there's one country that has the spirit to get back on it's feet relatively quickly it's Japan.
See how Kobe has risen from the rubble in just a few short years.

Best wishes to you and your fellow countrymen Toshi

wathavy4

Alibre Super User
BernardK said:
Toshi,

The news reports are showing how bad this disaster is. I hope you are safe and well.

Good luck, we are all thinking of you. It will take a long time for the Japanese people to recover from this.

BernardK

Thank you so much of your concern on me and my neighbors..... very tiny island so all inclusive.., glad to hear of your concern on us, thank you again, Bernard. :wink:

wathavy4

Alibre Super User
jhiker said:
wathavy4 said:
Japanese have risen and fallen like a sun...

..and will rise again. Notwithstanding the terrible human casualties, if there's one country that has the spirit to get back on it's feet relatively quickly it's Japan.
See how Kobe has risen from the rubble in just a few short years.

Best wishes to you and your fellow countrymen Toshi

Ah, ha, that is probably the reason why the yen is still 80yen/dollar.....
But this time may not be the case... I cannot be optimistic with the Nuclear reactors concern.

Thank you for your shedding the bright light on our future, though.
I hope they will do their best to recover to the their reach whatever it is. :|

NateLiquidGravity

Alibre Super User
Glad your alright Toshi. Its unbelievable how rough nature can be. I hope that things get better and not worse. Let us know if you need anything.

wathavy4

Alibre Super User
Thank you, Nate.
You gave me what I need.
Your words, to encourage. ( Oops, too sweet )

Oh, the cutting edge technology today have proved that our genes have been altered at the last nuclear bombings.
So, we are OK.
8)

P.S.
I have not have any difficulties yet. We'll see what Japan can do till they recover.
Perhaps, another miracle may rescue.... how.... I wonder...but something has to be done to cover our a_s.
Otherwise, there is no need for us to be the member of the planet.
Let's see. :wink:

indesign

Alibre Super User
There is this news

"Radiation levels decreased at Japan’s stricken Fukushima Dai-ichi nuclear facility Wednesday evening, allowing workers to resume efforts to prevent reactors from melting down."
and
"The U.N. weather agency said Tuesday that winds are currently blowing radioactive material toward the ocean, and that there were "no implications" for Japan or countries nearby."

At least a small amount of good news.
Glad to hear it is still safe your way and hopefully the winds will continue to be in your favor.

Hop

wathavy4 said:
... Oh, the cutting edge technology today have proved that our genes have been altered at the last nuclear bombings. ...

It's nice to see you still retain your sense of humor, Toshi. We Americans have had to alter our genes with pesticides, drugs ingested from slaughtered animals whose carcasses we broil over hot coals, as well as assorted chemicals spread willy nilly about the environment here. Oh, plus some fallout from years of above-ground nuclear tests in Nevada. All that pales against what nature can throw at you: hurricanes, tornados, tsunamis, earthquakes, meteor strikes, solar flares, alien space fleets bent on conquest of the human race...

I don't think the world can survive at a decent standard of living without the Japanese people. Who else, with the possible exception of the Germans, can make such supreme cameras? Or really spiffy automobiles? Sushi? Anime? The list goes on and on! Japan will recover from this natural catastrophe, and the world will offer its help. Be of good cheer.

Hop

PS-- I sadly note that dangerously high radiation levels preclude further efforts to save the nuclear power plants. It looks like the decision has been made to let them melt down, cool off, remove the radioactive waste, and build new plants. Maybe next time the back-up diesel generators that run the cooling water pumps can be better protected... except from meteor strikes and alien space invaders.