What's new

Tutorial from scratch to 2d print

Tutorial from scratch to 2d print

Has anyone ever thought of designing something, a small model engine for example with MULTIPLE parts, and then putting together some type of tutorial explaing how to create it, assemble it, and then put it into a 2d drawing. Going through such an indepth tutorial would be a valuable plus for a novice like myself. I wouldn't even mind PAYING FOR IT.

voxelman

Alibre Training CDs have been helping me.

We started using ADP at the first part of 2006 and included the training CDs in our purchase. I have found them very helpful.

I had originally dispaired after going about a month with not having much time to focus on using the product and very little to show for the expenditure. Then an opportunity arose that required the modeling of basic structures for an optics system.

I started with simple extruded boxes and cylinders but with the help of the training CD's I quickly started to integrate more and more features. I was able to create a useful model of a design demonstrating clearances etc. Then during a client review I was able to take a suggestion and demonstrate its feasability in just a few minutes.

indesign

Alibre Super User

My first use was with Xpress....The contest is really what made me learn to use the software and now I use it more than any other software we have at our company.

I will have a customer down today to show a mold to. He will most likely fall in love with this program because, like me, he is a 2D old schooler. Alibre allows me to show him not only the mold assembly but the finished part as well including the runners and gate. The important part of that is he uses the runners as hangers for the part for ceramic dipping. (investment casting)

Thanks Alibre :D !