What's new

Unable to create Section View in 2D drawing

Hi all, I am trying to section a sheet-metal plate in Geo 2D to show depths of milled pockets but I can't. I've tried each type of section style listed.
Is there a trick I'm missing? I am following the instructions on screen and in help (I think).

Wattie,

Do you know that you have to draw a cutting line in the sketch for the view you want to "source" the section view before you can make a section view? This is one of those obvious once you have done it things that often hang someone just learning the system.

Hi Lew, I've created sections and part sections previously but this is the first time I tried it in Geo. I can get the sections views to work on part detail drawings in Geo, but not on this sheetmetal detail drawing. I did create the 2D in 2012. I'll try doing a small sheet metal part from scratch in Geo, see if I have any luck.
Thanks,

Hi Lew, it's always worth asking the obvious, never give up on that.
I tried a new sheetmetal part in Geo, then created a 2D drawing of it. It appears the sections do not work with flat pattern views, unless I'm doing something wrong.
Live and learn.

On a different, much lighter note, Geomagic has now crashed out on me half a dozen times.
One of these times I'll have the gumption to capture the messages and report it.

Thanks again,