What's new

UnBend Sheet Metal Arc Parallel to Level

Mika

Hi.

How can I Unbend FlatBar arc parallel to level, when I do not have any relevant face to fix? Only possibility in a flatbar arc is just click bar end edge, but then unbend is not parallel to level, ...bit hard to make configuration for drawing from this one...I do not want to rotate drawing view.

Attachments

• Bent.JPG
    Bent.JPG
    60.7 KB · Views: 25
  • UnBent.JPG
    UnBent.JPG
    61.5 KB · Views: 23

simonb65

Alibre Super User
Create a custom view that looks perpendicular to the top face of the flattened bar in the sheet metal workspace, then choose that view as your baseline drawing projection view when you convert to drawing.

Mika

Ok. Where to create custom view? I can "orient to plane" that unbent part and now from that position I would like to create a custom view.

idslk

Alibre Super User
Hello Mika,

the way that was described by Harold & Simon is a thing which can be used in various situations.
So only for addition in sheetmetal...have you thought about doing this:

Base
upload_2020-4-17_23-3-39.png

Flange
upload_2020-4-17_23-1-24.png

unbend
upload_2020-4-17_23-2-1.png

cut base
upload_2020-4-17_23-2-32.png

Regards
Stefan

Mika

That looks good also and would be nice, if I would be doing a independent part. I´m just doing assembly referenced part which one have "maintain association to source entity" sketch line to my weld assy. That new workspace orientation creation feels a little buggy, because I get it working once...but later when I try it another parts, it wont show up on the list...and if I try to remake it, it says that named workspace orientation already exist....but it´s not on list. How to "refresh" this viewport list??

Attachments

• NotOnTheList.JPG
    NotOnTheList.JPG
    74.8 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:

idslk

Alibre Super User
Hello Mika,

I not quite sure what you've done, so i made a short test... started alibre, drew a single part and defined a user view named "test", drew a second single part and definened there also a user view named "test" - both worked.
upload_2020-4-18_21-22-43.png

Regards
Stefan

Mika

I hit probably 10 different view names there, then the first one created appeared...

Mika

Weird why it is not visible on the list, even that Alibre says that named view is already created.

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
Is it a scrolling issue ? Try stretching the dialogue to see if it becomes visible.