What's new

Update Signature

HaroldL

Alibre Super User
Sooo, where do you update your forum signature? I've been through every setting I could think of and cannot find it.

Max

Administrator
Staff member
Click your name at top right > Signature. It's probably blank as a byproduct of the migration. Try that out and see if it works. Hopefully it doesn't "double signature" you.

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
Try clicking on Personal Details - on the sidebar of the screen it takes you to, there should be a Signature option.

simonb65

Alibre Super User
How do you change your Avatar? Clicking on the avatar in my profile pops up a message box saying I dont have access to that page (even though I am logged on and can chage other personal info, status, etc).

dwc

Alibre Super User
I don't see any mention of signature anywhere, avatar for that matter either.
But everything is at least 2x as big with lots of wasted white space all over so one needs to scroll like crazy.
:(
Don

bigseb

Alibre Super User
I don't see any mention of signature anywhere, avatar for that matter either.
Hovering over your username (top right) should bring up a menu with all the necessary links

Untitled.png

... everything is at least 2x as big with lots of wasted white space all over so one needs to scroll like crazy.
:(
Don

Looks like some fine tuning might be needed. I reckon it'll be sorted out soon enough. To make it easier please tell us what browser you are using (including version).

jhiker

Alibre Super User
This is what I see...
And I can't edit anything even though I'm logged in.
I quite like the new layout :)Hover.jpg

Max

Administrator
Staff member
Signature and avatar should be working now. Still plugging holes from the migration re: user permissions.

Thanks!

dwc

Alibre Super User
To make it easier please tell us what browser you are using (including version).

I'm using the latest version of Firefox on two different computers, one Win7 32bit, the other Win8.1 64bit. I see the same about 30% of the screen is wasted unused space on both computers.

jhiker

Alibre Super User
I'm using the latest version of Firefox on two different computers, one Win7 32bit, the other Win8.1 64bit. I see the same about 30% of the screen is wasted unused space on both computers.
Have you tried changing 'styles' (Default or xenForo) in User Preferences? Maybe there will be more styles to choose from in future, one of which might suit you. I like the new layout.

dwc

Alibre Super User
Have you tried changing 'styles' (Default or xenForo) in User Preferences? Maybe there will be more styles to choose from in future, one of which might suit you. I like the new layout.
Thanks for the jeads up, I had'nt seen that. Unfortunately changing the stype appears to only change the font. With the Default style the font is smaller which just increases the empty space on the page. No really a step forward.
Don

bigseb

Alibre Super User
Clutching at straws here but try ctrl + mouse wheel (like zooming but holding the ctrl button).

Max

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for the jeads up, I had'nt seen that. Unfortunately changing the stype appears to only change the font. With the Default style the font is smaller which just increases the empty space on the page. No really a step forward.
Are you referring to this extra space:

upload_2017-9-14_10-17-31.png

If so, that's just the way it is. You can zoom in on the page to decrease it if you want.