What's new

update

auburncad

I have Geomagic Design Version:[ 2015.0.1 ] 64-bit. I see there is a 2015.1.1. I never received an update link via email and I can find the download. Also, any word on further updates and support of this product? tx

JST

Alibre Super User
Not sure what the question is, but I just updated to 2015.1.1.

I just looked in help/updates, and there is was, so I hit it, and the update went through no problem. I had been intending to do it foe some time, but had not got around to looking for it, dealing with authorization codes etc..... So when I saw the update link, I went for it.

Took maybe 35 min and most of that was because I was doing other things and didn't check in it very often. Didn't ask for any codes or numbers, no uninstalling, etc, it just did the update without a problem.

PaulProe

If you are on maintenance, you can download and install it and it will run.

If you are NOT on maintenance, your authorization will only initialize the last copy you had when the maintenance ceased.

Like you, I am running 2015.0.1 I chose to drop the maintenance plan about 10 days before they published 2015.1.1 I tried to install and run it and it will not authorize. I had to get help from GD to reset everything and then only run my last authorized version.

You can try it if you want, but it won't run and you'll have some work to do to get the older version back up and running

I may have tipped my hat to you as to how I know this :x

Paul

JST

Alibre Super User
If you are on maintenance you don't need to do anything to get to the latest other than hit the "update" selection after going to <help/check for updates>.

That is if your current version is in the same update group as the latest. Otherwise, you can only get what is shown as applicable to your revision o the program. Major version changes will not be available through the update process.

Obviously if you are not on maintenance, you are NOT ENTITLED TO ANY updates or new versions unless they were issued while you were on maintenance. I assume, but do not know, that you can update to the last version offered during the term of your maintenance, even if you never did the update while you were on maintenance.

auburncad

I was just wondering where else I can download it on their site. For some reason "updates" is greyed out under the help menu? My maintenance is not up until mid July 2016. I upgraded from Alibre Pro to V2015.0.1 last July. So, I assume I should still get the 2015.1.1 update? I paid over $500. One week later, after I bought it, they offered it to me in an email for $400. I asked, but they would not give me the $100 back :(
tx

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
The Geomagic Support website is a real pain to navigate, but the downloads are available there - unfortunately the way the site is built makes it impossible to give direct links to the most appropriate pages!

Try http://support1.geomagic.com/ics/support/KBList.asp?folderID=343 If you know what you want, navigate via 'downloads' - if unsure, go via 'Getting Started' -> 'Let's get started' -> Geomagic Design , then input you activation code to download your latest allowed version (or use trial download if you are definitely entitled to latest version).