What's new

Updated collection of utilities ready for download

bolsover

I've finally got to publishing an updated version of my utilities package.
This package includes several packages previously published as separate add-ons.
I have addressed numerous bugs and updated the codebase. All open source.

Utilities For Alibre​

A simple collection of utilities for Alibre including:

1. Shortcuts - A simple report detailing assigned shortcuts.
  2. Shortcuts - A visual aid in the form of a keyboard.
  3. Data Browser - A custom tool for browsing and optionally setting Alibre design properties.
  4. Sketch Plane Finder - Simple tool to show you on which plane a sketch has been made.
  5. Property Viewer - Explore what id going on inside your designs!
  6. Cycloidal Gears - Generate sketches of cycloidal gears and pinions - ideal for clockmakers.
  7. Involute Spur and Helical Gears - Generate models of Spur and Helical gears.
Links to the package download can be found in the resource area here:
Utilities for Alibre

dwc

Alibre Super User
Hi Bolsover,
Thanks for these utilities.
A question to the cycloidal gear generator.
Do these forms correspond to any of the NIHS norm cycliodal forms ?
When I order gears or gear cutters they will always be according to one of the norms.
I only really worry that the tip diameter of what I have in AD is correct, the rest is just pretty.
But having forms according to the norms would not be nice, for example I use NIHS 20-02 and NIHS 56702 all the time.
Thanks,
Don

bolsover

Hi Bolsover,
Thanks for these utilities.
A question to the cycloidal gear generator.
Do these forms correspond to any of the NIHS norm cycliodal forms ?
When I order gears or gear cutters they will always be according to one of the norms.
I only really worry that the tip diameter of what I have in AD is correct, the rest is just pretty.
But having forms according to the norms would not be nice, for example I use NIHS 20-02 and NIHS 56702 all the time.
Thanks,
Don
Hi dwc
The profiles generated are generally per BS978-2. My understanding is that this agrees with NHIS 26702 and ICS 21-20.
If you can provide the specifications for NIHS 20-02 and NIHS 56702 I'd be happy to check against the calculations used in the cycloidal generator - or you can download and go through the code yourself - it's all open source.
David