What's new

Updating Software

Howard

This has really put me in a bad situation! Alibre Atom software at the start up point asks to update the software to the latest version to which I did. Now I can't start up the software until the new licence has been renewed, to which at this end of the earth takes time! Everyday that I can't use Alibre costs me money!
There should be a way that I can revert to my original version of the software so that I can at least use Alibre until my licence has been renewed!!

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
Uninstall the new version. Re-install the previous version.

If you don't have installer for previous version, contact support for a download link.

GIOV

Alibre Super User
There should be a way that I can revert to my original version of the software so that I can at least use Alibre until my licence has been renewed!!
Go to the Window Start>All Program>Accessories>System Tools>System Restore>Show Restore Point>Goto the before last AD Version and run.

KeithH

Go to the Window Start>All Program>Accessories>System Tools>System Restore>Show Restore Point>Goto the before last AD Version and run.
That would only work if he set up Windows to use restore points. Windows no longer has restore points by default when you buy a new computer. Now A person has to manually turn on the restore point function in Windows when they buy a new computer. (I found that out the hard way once)

Howard

Not only that - using Windows restore will make the licensing lose synch with the server. So you'll have to follow this article
https://support.alibre.com/support/...cense-initialization-was-not-successful-error
Thanks David, This worked. Now I shall wait until I get a new license from my supplier before updating to the next version! THANKS AGAIN
P.S. Oh, Simon, to be fair, If I choose only to buy a hobby version and this is adequate for my requirements, then surely that is up to me, Yes?

simonb65

Alibre Super User
P.S. Oh, Simon, to be fair, If I choose only to buy a hobby version and this is adequate for my requirements, then surely that is up to me, Yes?
It is indeed, yes! But if your using the product as your core tool, that you rely on for bringing in revenue, then I would highly recommend that you don't update until you have a few free days of down time and only upgrade if you really need to (i.e. the update fixes issues that your currently having or it introduces new productivity features that you really need). You can never foresee or predict the issues that upgrading software may bring, so don't be caught out by them! Just saying that from years of experience rolling out updates to customers, fellow users and upgrading core software in my own business.

evandene

It is indeed, yes! But if your using the product as your core tool, that you rely on for bringing in revenue, then I would highly recommend that you don't update until you have a few free days of down time and only upgrade if you really need to (i.e. the update fixes issues that your currently having or it introduces new productivity features that you really need). You can never foresee or predict the issues that upgrading software may bring, so don't be caught out by them! Just saying that from years of experience rolling out updates to customers, fellow users and upgrading core software in my own business.
Wise words and o so true

JST

Alibre Super User

New versions have a habit of having things broken.... some versions of Alibre have had several updates to "un-break" things.

I NEVER update to a new version until it has had a significant time for the dust to settle. Apparently the "beta testing" version never gets as much use as the real version, and so there are issues which sneak through.

Alibre probably should find the users who generally come up with the oddest issues, and make sure they are on the beta testing list. You cannot get good testing if you only have the "cheerleaders" do the testing.