What's new

Updating spreadsheet-driven parameters

ftkalcevic

Updating spreadsheet-driven parameters

I am trying to use an Excel spreadsheet to define that parameters for an assembly. I have about 5 parts, using the same spreadsheet.

Is there an easy way to update all parts when I change a parameter?

At the moment, I have to open each part, run "Control Parameters..." in excel, and apply the changes. This is very slow and tedious for lots of parts, and when I need to tweak the parameters.

Thanks,
Frank

WoodWorks

Alibre Super User

If you have the Professional or Expert version of Alibre with Configurations, you can create the multiple parts in a single part file, and drive that part file with your spreadsheet or Alex Franke's Parameter Wizard.

We do all the parts for a Kitchen or other Cabinet in a single part file, and when we change the "Cabinet_Width" all the parts change as well. Add a parameter for each of your "SPECIFYING PARAMETERS", rather than modifying your parameters for a particular dimension. With all your configuration locks off, when you change the WIDTH, all parameters that use that new added parameter can computer their dimensions from that changed parameter (as well as others).

Otherwise you can use an AutoHotKey script I created and posted to the forum that will automatically update your files that are driven by a spreadsheet: http://www.alibre.com/forum/viewtopic.p ... c&start=15

Looking up this script was a trip down memory lane, and I have forgotten about 1/3 of the scripts I created. I will be glad to refresh my memory on this script if you have any questions. The script can be opened with a text editor and modified, and I try to comment them heavily to aid anyone else (as well as myself) as to how they function.