What's new

Upgrade problem

ntar827

Upgrade problem

Just upgraded to V8.2.

When I try to open a part/assy created using V8.0 all I get is a grey screen. No part or assy.

The Design Explorer shows all the sketches, extrusions etc that were used to create the solid but no part in the design space.

Since I will not be able to contact Alibre until Monday, I wonder if anyone can help me.

Thanks

Nick

warburton1

What type of graphics card are you using?

There have been several issues relative to the upgrade from 8.0 to 8.2 for certain graphics cards, which are generally resolved with a driver update.

gregmilliken

Probably need to get DirectX 9.0c installed and tested

Hi Nick,

Sounds like a DirectX issue.

First, make sure you have DirectX 9.0. It is available for download on the support downloads page at the following link:

http://www.alibre.com/support/directx-info.asp

You can also go to the Knowledge Base and go to the Index Search, the page will be titled "Keyword Index" and select the link labeled "DirectX". You can also search for Display Issues directly. If you do this change the "Search In" pulldown to "Title" or "Content" from "Keywords." The direct link to the page im the Knowledge Base is below:

https://www.alibre.com/KnowledgeBase/Co ... ticleID=35

Note you have to sign in to the web site to access the Knowledge Base.

-Greg

siggy

I'd check your DirectX installation to be sure you're on the latest and don't have any problems.

From the Start -> Run dialog type in DXDIAG. You'll get back all kinds of info on your video setup including DirectX version (should be 9.0c) and on the DirectX Files tab it will tell you if the diags found any problems with your video setup. the Display tab will tell you exactly what kind of video card you have as well as the installed driver version and date. If it's old I'd go to HP.com and see if a newer one is out there.

Robert

ntar827

Thanks JWK, Greg and Siggy.

I loaded Directx 9.0c and updated my video driver and everything appears to work well.

Thanks again. This is what is great about Alibre, the company and the users.

Help is always immediate.

Nick