What's new

Useful Utilities

JordanCClark

Alibre Super User
Something went quite wrong in trying to split topics-- the ones split off seem to have disappeared. So, While my Firefox cache is still active, I'll see what I can salvage... :oops:

ralf3 said:
Vista PDF Creator

http://www.vistacreator.com/product.html

I think we can use it 995 x for free :wink:

Ralf

ralf3 said:
Calculation programmes BEAMS, SCREWS, SCREWS for the mechanical calculation of plastics parts

BEAMS -> Calculation of flexural beams
SCREWS Calculation of self-tapping screw connections
SNAPS Calculation of snap-fit connections

Download

Ralf

WOW! Got 'em all! :D

alexfranke

My API tools (donationware)
Registration/Installation Tutorial (WMV, 13:39, 32.2MB)

alexfranke

My favorite FREE (or nearly free) Windows software
  • The GIMP - Imaging editing -- more power than you'd ever need... (Linux, too!)
  • CAMStudio - Free Screen recording software - records screen activity from the Windows desktop into standard AVI movie files. Great for creating software demonstrations.
  • CD Burner XP Pro 3 - Burn CDs, DVD, ISOs, etc.
  • 7-Zip File Manager - Pack and/or unpack just about everything - 7z, ZIP, GZIP, BZIP2, TAR, RAR, CAB, ISO, ARJ, LZH, CHM, Z, CPIO, RPM, DEB and NSIS.
  • Open Office - Just like the Microsoft Office suite, but free. includes word processor, spreadsheets, presentations, databases, drawings and more.
  • PrimoPDF - Write PDFs -- with security features -- for free.
  • FreeRIP 3 - Extract CDs to and convert among Vorbis, MP3, WMA, WAV & Flac for your personal use only. =)
  • Notepad++ - The most genius text editor on the planet. Installer not required. Cool lizards on this site. ;)
  • Irfanview - A fast and extremely capable image viewer - supports like a zillion file formats, including video.
  • AutoHotKey - Top-notch mouse and keyboard macro utility - automate just about anything.
  • FileZilla - FTP Client -- available on Linux, too! Installer not required.
  • Expresso - Fun with regular expressions!
  • ImageMagick - Command line image manipulation. A little hard to get used to, but well worth it when you do.

Ralf

Alibre Super User

- Unit Converter Basic Free units conversion software for pressure, power, energy, magnetic induction, dynamic & kinematic viscosity, luminance, temperature, mass, volume, length & time.

- Sitzing Tools Online calculators for precision motions, motors controllers, tolerances, vibrations, heat transfer, actuators, springs, screws, reliability, shafts, sytems and a few more.

- Dirac Delta Huge compendium of online calculators related to aerodynamics, acoustics, civil engineering, electronics, mathematics, mechanical engineering, vibration, optics, physics & signal processing. Besides the online calculators it also serves as an encylopedia on the listed topics.

- efunda comprehensive suite of Online calculators and under continous expansion. The following are the types of calculators - Units Conversion, Wire and Sheet Gauge, O-Ring, Spring, Hardness, Decimal, Beam, Reynolds Number, Single Degree of Freedom Vibration, Stress Transformation, Principal Stress, Failure Criteria, Pipe Friction, Venturi Flow, Radiation and Elastic Constants. Other calculators available are for Pure Mathematics and Finance.

Ralf

Alibre Super User

Freeware Neutral CAD File Viewer and Converter

It allows viewing IGES and STEP files and translating between them. The versions of the formats are:
IGES: up to 5.3
STEP AP203: Mechanical Design (General 3D CAD)
STEP AP214: Automotive Design
STEP AP209: Finite-Element Analysis (initial support)

- IGES2STEP

Important: After install "IGES2STEP" - Restart your computer !

Ron

I made a program for Alibre that will create standard extrusions and bolts. It’s similar to Jordan’s Screw Selector but it has some flexibility built into it.

After selecting the nominal size you want, you can edit the values before creation to get the exact size you need. If later on in the design you want to change the size of something, you can edit the dimension in the Equation Editor or in the sketch and the model will update.

Currently the program will only word on 32-bit operating systems; an error is thrown on 64-bit operating systems because the Access database that I am using is not supported any longer :(.

http://www.learn3dcad.com/ - it is located at the bottom of the page.

Max

Administrator
Staff member
Paint.NET - free image program.

I use this program literally 200 times a day, from creating marketing images to spec documents for the features you guys use, etc...

http://www.getpaint.net/

Highly, highly recommended.

Ralf

Alibre Super User
Greenshot

Greenshot is a screenshot tool.
Greenshot is open source software.

- Save a screenshot or a part of the screen to a file within a second.
- Apply text and shapes to the screenshot.
- Offers capture of window, region or full screenshot.
- Supports several image formats.
- GUI -> English and German

Download-link:
http://greenshot.sourceforge.net/

We have tested that great tool with: XP 32bit and Vista 32 and 64 bit.