What's new

V10.X / V11 wish list

Phil

V10.X / V11 wish list

:lol:

So now that we've seen V10, lets give the guys at Alibre something to do with their time (I'm sure they're all sat there with their feet up watching the TV :roll: )

So here are the things that we'd like in the next release of Alibre.

1) Colour by face/feature
2) Right click menu to include "Edit part" in assembly mode
3) Custom toolbars.
4) Dual processor support.
5) Third angle projection option (drawing creation) for UK users.

wathavy4

Alibre Super User

Hi, Phil.
>5) Third angle projection option (drawing creation) for UK users.
This applies for JPN users too. Perhaps like the side of the road.
But I have seen Japanese dealer selling AD with such drawing templates pre-installed. And I noticed that the only thing we need to do is to open up drawing templates one by one and change the properties to all third angle and save them. .. Although it takes a gooood amount of time.

BTW it may be a good idea to have a option to change the first / third at the drawing option check box selection, does not it?

garyamc

Re: V10.X / V11 wish list

Phil said:

So now that we've seen V10, lets give the guys at Alibre something to do with their time (I'm sure they're all sat there with their feet up watching the TV :roll: )

3) Custom toolbars.

Multithreading

MikeD

Phil said:

3) Custom toolbars.

Here are mine :

6 ) Better Hole tool
7 ) Display of internal and external threads in part and assembly views
8 ) Full support for generation of all threads in common use (eg BSW etc etc)

Regards,

Mike

cclark440

Alibre Super User

I must agree with Mike D.
Fix the hole tool. I almost hate using it, because of the default angles, and then if you decide to change the style of hole most of the data is reset.

I can not begin to covey how annoyed I get with this. :x

Phil

Soildworks has a good tool for creating a drawing view where you can rotate the model to how you'd like it displayed in the view, rather than a basic isometric etc. Very handy for creating views to show what a part looks like in a pocket etc.

A propper variable radius tool would also be nice, wher eyou can set points along the edge rather than just the start and end radii.

MilesH

Alibre Super User
Re:

Phil said:
Soildworks has a good tool for creating a drawing view where you can rotate the model to how you'd like it displayed in the view, rather than a basic isometric etc. Very handy for creating views to show what a part looks like in a pocket etc.

Hi Phil,

You can do this in Alibre, too. You have to define the View first in the Part/Assembly, using View Orientations (don't forget to Save afterwards) and then that orientation will be available in the Workspace Orientation dropdown list, in the Drawing.

Having all the trimetrics available as set orientations would be a handy enhancement, perhaps?

Phil

Thanks for that tip, Miles.

I'll try it later :D

I'm currently getting rather frustrated with a complex curved part that could really be a lot easier if I had a decent variable rad tool :cry:

Andrew Roth

wish list item from 8-9-10 to....

How about an option to have a drawing open in full screen???
I know this was talked aboit before.
And I know about the adds I can get to make a drawing to open full screen.
I Just think it should at least be an option by now.
Not a big deal just annoying to have to open a file then click the maximize button so its full screen.

jwknecht

Alibre Super User

I have not checked if it was added in version 10, but I don't think that it was:

Configurations needs to work for drawing views. Need to be able to change the configuration for the part or assy in a drawing view. The reason is simple: Since you cannot, you pretty much have to start all over for a drawing even when you have a drawing for a similar configuration. If you could change the configuration for the drawing or for the view, you could copy the drawing and then change the configuration, saving tons of time.