What's new

V11.1 bugs

indesign

Alibre Super User
Thought we could get a thread just for any we found and keep them together.

1) 2D drawings, Dimension with tolerances added. Suffix text overlaps the tolerance values. Work around is to add spaces before the text.

Andy

Have any of you had a problem like this......when exporting a 2D drawing into a .dwg file then loading it up into AutoCAD a window comes up headed 'Proxy Information' and explains that "The last command created proxy objects and entities to represent original objects.........." , I click on OK and the window goes away. When I then send the files to our graphic designer he sometimes has problems loading them into 'Illustrator'.
I'm not sure what is happening here but I didn't get it happening with V10.

indesign

Alibre Super User
Exporting to dxf or dwg issues with dimensions and multiline text (MTEXT).

On first inspection everything looks good. But once a change is made the dimension fly all over.
The dimensions are exported as rotated text. Also something wrong with the text position (X,Y coordinates) that appears to cause this behaviour.

Leaders using multi-line text are basically exploded in AC. The text and leaders are no longer linked.

Andy

ralf3 said:
Andy, do you save the 2D drawing first and then export in *.dwg?

Hi Ralf, Yes I save the 2D drawing then export it as a dwg and pick it up in AutoCAD LT 2000. If it is any help, if I then save the file with AutoCAD and reopen it, it still comes up with the 'Proxy Information' window.

NateLiquidGravity

Alibre Super User
The Proxy popup is because your version of AutoCAD uses a lower version of DWG format than the program it was exported or saved from. The program knows a past /lower version can't support something so it wraps it in a proxy object. Sometimes it including a low quality version of it wrapped up as well. You can try exploding the proxy objects and that may leave the low quality version. Proxy objects let you send a drawing to another user with a different version of AutoCAD, they can modify and send it back with the proxies intact - full circle.

Andy

Thanks Nate, I understand what you are saying but I did not have this problem with V10 and I have also exported as a AutoCAD V14 and AutoCAD 2000 and they both give me the Proxy Popup. It is as if despite selecting V14 or 2000 it is converting them to AutoCAD 2004 or 2007 files. I wonder if there is a bug in there somewhere?

NateLiquidGravity

Alibre Super User
Sorry I wrote that a little confusing. The first sentence should read :
The Proxy popup is because your version of AutoCAD uses a lower version of DWG format than the program it was exported or saved from.
Bold words are the new ones. Updated in previous post as well.