What's new

v12.1

mikeschn

I know I am supposed to uninstall ADv12 before installing v12.1. Was I supposed to uninstall Design Check too? I did, and now when I reinstall it, I get this message...

Mike...

Attachments

• algor_exception.gif
    algor_exception.gif
    23.6 KB · Views: 118

Wing-Nut

swertel said:
Did you go to your account page and select "Upgrade Version" first? Then wait a little bit because even though the confirmation is instant, it does take a little while for the server to update so you can download.

Yes I logged into my account, upgraded, then proceeded to the Download Page. Funny, I never had this happen before. It'll probably be there tomorrow, no big deal.

Thanks for the info :D

mikeschn

mikeschn said:
I know I am supposed to uninstall ADv12 before installing v12.1. Was I supposed to uninstall Design Check too? I did, and now when I reinstall it, I get this message...

Mike...

to make it work, I selected the phone in option... and it installed. Then I used the license I got in my email from the last time... works great!

Mike...

Wing-Nut

mikeschn said:
mikeschn said:

Mike...

to make it work, I selected the phone in option... and it installed. Then I used the license I got in my email from the last time... works great!

Mike...

That's good news!!! I thought there was going to be a problem with the Algor Design Check too.

swertel

Alibre Super User
Wing-nut, since you are on Algor Design Check, I'm assuming that you did get 12.1 installed.

DSR

I've successfully (?) upgraded to 12.1.

When I start Alibre I get this message:

"An error occurred while connecting to the Alibre Design license server.
Click the ‘Retry’ button to try to connect to the server again and check for license updates."

The "retry" is not successful. I use the "continue" button instead.

I'm on XP Home edition.

Numerous things don't seem to work, like insert plane and surfaces. Sometimes there are error messages, other times nothing. Occasionally the program hangs and will do nothing.

The surfaces I try to insert were created in another CAD system, they have bee working for a couple years, most times they don't' work anymore giving error messages about them not being correct format and to contact Aliblre.

As 12.1 is on my system it's basically unusable. I have never had any of these kind of problems on previous versions. HELP..HELP.

Doug, currently without 3D CAD

A

Anonymous

DSR said:
I've successfully (?) upgraded to 12.1.

When I start Alibre I get this message:

"An error occurred while connecting to the Alibre Design license server.
Click the ‘Retry’ button to try to connect to the server again and check for license updates."

The "retry" is not successful. I use the "continue" button instead.

I'm on XP Home edition.

Numerous things don't seem to work, like insert plane and surfaces. Sometimes there are error messages, other times nothing. Occasionally the program hangs and will do nothing.

The surfaces I try to insert were created in another CAD system, they have bee working for a couple years, most times they don't' work anymore giving error messages about them not being correct format and to contact Aliblre.

As 12.1 is on my system it's basically unusable. I have never had any of these kind of problems on previous versions. HELP..HELP.

Doug, currently without 3D CAD

Also, please note that Alibre Support will assist with installation and licensing issues even if you do not have active maintenance. If the problem persists, it would be a good idea to contact them at support@alibre.com

DSR

Okay, I did get 12.1 installed and working correctly.

After a reboot or two it now works.

Thanks.

Wing-Nut

swertel said:
Wing-nut, since you are on Algor Design Check, I'm assuming that you did get 12.1 installed.

Sorry for the late reply.
Actually I had to email Support. I received a reply of a Manual Account Upgrade but the option still isn't there to get the upgrade.
My Maintenance is still good till 5-12-10 so I guess a phone call is in order for tomorrow or next week.

Thanks for asking.

Wing-Nut

LOL, the server didn't like me for some strange reason. Support was helpful and so was Max.

V12.1 is installed and Running!!!!!!!!! :D

Now I have to do the install on the other 2 PC's :mrgreen: