What's new

V16 possible bug

Upon opening an assembly and some components have lost their link to the assembly (such as moved to a different folder). The red radio button stays red after I have replaced part. Also found that is does not replace part unless I go to the root sub-assemble, radio button still stays red after replacing, but after opening the sub assembly and saving it connections are no longer lost.

Drutort

Dave Machock said:
Upon opening an assembly and some components have lost their link to the assembly (such as moved to a different folder). The red radio button stays red after I have replaced part. Also found that is does not replace part unless I go to the root sub-assemble, radio button still stays red after replacing, but after opening the sub assembly and saving it connections are no longer lost.

I did not have exact bug as you did, but what happened was while editing in separate window one of the parts, and then closing it, all of the sudden the whole ASM got messed up, I had the main part show up as a duplicate 3 times or so, and at that point I just closed without saving, reopened and all was well. But that is scary if you have something important and you either save accidently when its messed up, you would have to try to fix it? or worse start over.

Not sure if we have a temp backup file, I like the idea of a temp backup of parts, I wouldnt mind if that created a new folder and automatically placed backups like 1 or 2 previous saves. I like this feature in other software, it has saved me lots of time going back to the backup file and starting from there.

Sadly I did not take any pictures, I had no errors, which makes it very difficult to reproduce or track down.