What's new

v2019 - zoom glitch? - Fixed in Update

jhiker

Alibre Super User
Admin Update: this has been fixed in 2019.0.2 released Aug 2, 2019.

This was the first model I loaded after installing v2019 and at first it looked like there were parts missing.
I zoomed in and the parts displayed - zoom out and they disappear again.
I have a new computer and a decent graphics card - see below.
Anyone else noticed this?

Zoom#2.png
Zoom#1.png Spec.png
RTX.png

Last edited by a moderator:

jhiker

Alibre Super User
Hi David,
I'm currently set like this. Tried the sliders in various positions without success.
Settings.png

jhiker

Alibre Super User
It's odd. At a particular zoom level (and without changing it) parts will show or not depending on the viewing angle - oblique left, head-on, oblique right, etc..
Oblique-left.png
Head-on.png
Oblique-right.png

jhiker

Alibre Super User
Furthermore, if I zoom in so I can see everything then gradually zoom out parts disappear in sequence as below - first the LEDs go then the LED bezels.
head-on_zoomed-in.png
LEDsgone.png
Bezelsgone.png

simonb65

Alibre Super User
Furthermore, if I zoom in so I can see everything then gradually zoom out parts disappear in sequence as below - first the LEDs go then the LED bezels.
Same with the 19" Front Panel screws and plastic inserts! Looks like a Size vs Viewport depth issue! Especially if just rotating the parts makes stuff disappear.

PS Makes a great great spot the difference quiz over a morning coffee :p

jhiker

Alibre Super User
You can zoom in & out all day long in 'illustration' mode and parts will not disappear.
It seems to be a problem only in the 'shaded' modes.
Illustration.png
Shaded.png

tk1247

You can zoom in & out all day long in 'illustration' mode and parts will not disappear.
It seems to be a problem only in the 'shaded' modes.
Not so for me. I have an imported assembly with a flat surface panel that has blind holes in the back surface, and when viewing from the front surface and zooming, the back holes gradually appear when zoomed out, and gradually disappear when zoomed in, in both illustration and shaded mode. Unfortunately, I'm not sure I'm permitted to post the file. I'll try and reproduce separately if I can. Just wanted to note the discrepancy.

jhiker

Alibre Super User
I'll do that asap. We're having network problems here at work today!
Shall I use 'Wetransfer' to the support email address or anyone specific?

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
Jeff - probably best to send to Max initially. The support system will try to create a ticket from the e-mail and it'll get tagged as from Wetransfer.

Max

Administrator
Staff member
Please check 2019.0.2 released August 2, 2019 which should address this issue. Issue was related to the 0 px setting for Hide Small Faces functioning improperly.