What's new

V22 installing error

bigseb

Alibre Super User
Had to reinstall V22 to work on something. After install is complete I start the software, enter the code and then get this error:

Capture.JPG

at com.alibre.utils.ColorScheme.addMissingColors()
at System.Runtime.Serialization.ObjectManager.RaiseDeserializationEvent()
at System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.ObjectReader.Deserialize(HeaderHandler handler, __BinaryParser serParser, Boolean fCheck, Boolean isCrossAppDomain, IMethodCallMessage methodCallMessage)
at System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.BinaryFormatter.Deserialize(Stream serializationStream, HeaderHandler handler, Boolean fCheck, Boolean isCrossAppDomain, IMethodCallMessage methodCallMessage)
at com.alibre.utils.FileHelper.readObjectFromFile(FileStream fileStream, Int64[] checksumOut, SurrogateSelector surrogate)
at com.alibre.utils.FileHelper.readObjectFromFile(FileInfo file, Int64[] checksumOut, SurrogateSelector surrogateSelector)
at com.alibre.client.ClientContext.readLocalUserProfile()

A few seconds later the software opens up as normal. Haven't done anything yet as I don't want to corrupt files. Any ideas what the problem is?

NateLiquidGravity

Alibre Super User
It says "com.alibre.client.ClientContext.readLocalUserProfile()" in the error. Perhaps the User Profile is not backwards compatible? Try a reset of the User Profile and restart and see if that fixes it.

bigseb

Alibre Super User
It says "com.alibre.client.ClientContext.readLocalUserProfile()" in the error. Perhaps the User Profile is not backwards compatible? Try a reset of the User Profile and restart and see if that fixes it.
I think you're right. All my settings and colour schemes were gone and I had to reset them.

I find it odd that something like a user profile is not backwards compatible. Weird to break the software that way.

simonb65

Alibre Super User
I find it odd that something like a user profile is not backwards compatible. Weird to break the software that way.
Binary schema files are not good for backward compatibility, if the newer version changes the format, the old version doesnt understand it. That's why many applications moved to xml based file formats. If the data is missing in newer versions, the application assumes the default for those data element. Old versions just ignore the extra data that newer version have added.

wagnuts

nube here, reading through the beta features
"Keyshot Export no longer makes every model face a separate entity - they are now properly grouped by color set, eliminating many Keyshot issues."
this would be helpful to me in a big way as some of my assemblys are thousands of parts on their own,
question: if i install the beta,
step 1-save user profile
step 2-release license,
step 3-install beta,
step 4-install license

is this correct?
am i able to use the beta to create bif files ?

HaroldL

Alibre Super User
Save a copy of your user file. I don't think you need to release the license as long as the beta is installed on the same computer. The need to release the license is if you are going to run Alibre on a different computer that you need to install the license on.
I didn't release my license and the beta installed OK. I was up and running as soon at the install was complete.

wagnuts

Thanks HaroldL! well after installing the Beta, my issues with keyshot are appearing to be minimized. I have an assembly with 650 parts, it was showing as 30,000 before.

NateLiquidGravity

Alibre Super User
Human readable settings files would be awesome. Imagine being able to share a custom toolbar with others. Or save just your custom color schemes and default the rest of the setting. Or give someone all your stl export settings.