What's new

V24 issues

Uman

First couple of hours with V24 and I am experiencing problems with model exploded view editing and opening large drawings.
These models and drawings were created in V23, unrelated and frequently edited.

The model exploded view editing would not allow certain subassemblies to be moved as a group and an error would flag.
The drawing lock-up problem consistently occurs and requires Task Manager control.

Computer reboot and and no change.
Has anybody experienced these issues or others?
-Uman

Uman

update 211210
reloaded V23 and problems in V24 are not experienced.

I noticed V24 issues only with large drawings, 7+ sheets (20m)
This happened on more than one drawing, unrelated and large size.
Smaller size drawings did not cause lock-up problem.

Trouble ticket opened.
-Uman

Uman

The issue with opening large drawings has been resolved.
It was discovered with V24, large drawings take considerably longer time to initially open; approximately 30 minutes of inactivity.
After the first opening and saving of the drawing in V24, subsequent opening time was less then five minutes, which was typical in V23.

The exploded model sub-assembly movement issue has not been resolved.

-Uman

Max

Administrator
Staff member
Sounds like something drawing specific is going on. This should not be happening. Did you post that info in the support ticket? If you could give us your (v23) files that will help us analyze why a long timespan is needed to open them.

weppler

I had the EXACT same problem with a complex assembly.
When, after about 20 minutes, it finally fully loaded, I saved it and since the loading takes only about 20s.

JamesMC

I have had the same issue with some drawings, seemingly its usually older ones that take the longest to open, however one 12 page drawing I did in V23 was very quick to open.
Maybe something in the way parts were done in an older version causes the issue?