What's new

V26 Icons

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
Jake are you specifically referring to the icons in Windows File Explorer, or to items within the Alibre UI?

What is the issue with the v26 icons?

Jake_Steidy

Windows File Explorer, specifically.

My apologies Swertel, that I don't see the benefit of updating non-confusing UI, maybe it does something beneficial for you.

etzz

Not sure about changing the ribbon icons, but my test of the dark theme gave me issues with dimension artifacts blocking the view of the part.
If you select the DEFAULT theme, then everything went back to the previous colors (V25). The new ribbon icons colors/contrast did look nicer.
Eric

Max

Administrator
Staff member
Not sure about changing the ribbon icons, but my test of the dark theme gave me issues with dimension artifacts blocking the view of the part.
If you select the DEFAULT theme, then everything went back to the previous colors (V25). The new ribbon icons colors/contrast did look nicer.
Eric
When you say theme, do you mean color scheme (in system options) or color palette (in the ribbon)?

etzz

Hello,
I mean the color theme in the system options. After some reading, i did think you can change the colors of the ribbon by finding a way to change the color palette. But, I never could find a way to change the color palette for the ribbon. Is there a button somewhere for the color palette change to alter the ribbon?

WRT to the dark theme, I set my color theme back to DEFAULT and the dimension artifacts went away. If I opened a design and zoom in, and then back out. Some of the enlarged dimensions from the zoom remain on the screen and you can't get rid of them. They are huge and partially cover up the part. Setting theme from dark back to DEFAULT cured the issue. So i left it there. I think i like DEFAULT better anyway, but its a close call.

Max

Administrator
Staff member
Hello,
I mean the color theme in the system options. After some reading, i did think you can change the colors of the ribbon by finding a way to change the color palette. But, I never could find a way to change the color palette for the ribbon. Is there a button somewhere for the color palette change to alter the ribbon?

WRT to the dark theme, I set my color theme back to DEFAULT and the dimension artifacts went away. If I opened a design and zoom in, and then back out. Some of the enlarged dimensions from the zoom remain on the screen and you can't get rid of them. They are huge and partially cover up the part. Setting theme from dark back to DEFAULT cured the issue. So i left it there. I think i like DEFAULT better anyway, but its a close call.
Interesting. Haven't seen this before. Can you try to screenshot it?

The dark theme per v26 has nothing to do with system options - the system option one has been there for many years.

Look at the top right of the three ribbon near the close/minimize buttons and there is a dropdown that let's you select a color palette for the ribbon and toolbars. That is what is new.

etzz

I have the pro version.
I couldn't get it to fail at first, but then i remembered its starts when you activate a sketch, and persists after you exit the sketch.
To clear the artifact, you have to change to DEFAULT theme, and close the window. Then when you re-open the part again from Alibre home window, you can activate sketch with no issues.
This is the ER20 Collet design someone posted on this forum a few days ago.
I will also try to screenshot my graphics card info.

ScreenShot1102.jpg

ScreenShot1103.jpg

ScreenShot1104.jpgScreenShot1105.jpg

etzz

i think this may be a pertinent clue.
On this design, i noticed that the green plane reference boxes were huge compared to the design.
Like maybe the design had the scaling off and was tiny or the ref plane boxes were enlarged.
This made it where you have to zoom way in to get close to the part.
The design (er20 collet) downloaded from the forum like this.

Also, i looked for a place to post bugs (this info), but didnt find anything obvious. I think this is general discussion....I havent been on this forum much. I do like the software.
Best,
Eric

Max

Administrator
Staff member
i think this may be a pertinent clue.
On this design, i noticed that the green plane reference boxes were huge compared to the design.
Like maybe the design had the scaling off and was tiny or the ref plane boxes were enlarged.
This made it where you have to zoom way in to get close to the part.
The design (er20 collet) downloaded from the forum like this.

Also, i looked for a place to post bugs (this info), but didnt find anything obvious. I think this is general discussion....I havent been on this forum much. I do like the software.
Best,
Eric
Can you email me this file? Max@alibre.com

swertel

Alibre Super User
Windows File Explorer, specifically.

My apologies Swertel, that I don't see the benefit of updating non-confusing UI, maybe it does something beneficial for you.
Forgive my curt response, but in the Beta forum there was much discussion about the icon changes, and then the first post I read about v26 is related to the icons.