What's new

V26 scaling issue

tk1247

Don't know if this has been mentioned yet, but on V26, when I start a part with a new 2D sketch in the XY plane, the words in the legend in the lower right that define the colors for defined/undefined features run off the right side of the window, ie, the second line reads "Magnitude Defined, Position Undef". I thought it always had the full line including Undefined spelled out? All other text and background info seems OK.

Is this a new problem or is it as intended?

tk1247

Forgot to mention, I'm running a win 11 on a 4K display.....I notice playing with high dpi scaling properties in the shortcut properties compatibility tab changes it a bit, but not all the way to correct. Anyone else seeing this?

HaroldL

Alibre Super User
There was a long discussion about 4k monitors some time ago, try a forum search on the term "4k monitor" and see what comes up.

When you see the truncated constraint status legend, is your workspace window maximized or not?
I notice playing with high dpi scaling properties in the shortcut properties compatibility tab changes it a bit, but not all the way to correct.
Can you post a screen shot of that tab? Is that in Alibre or Windows?

I don't have Win 11 but, have you adjusted the Windows scaling properties?

tk1247

I remember the 4K discussion from before, but this is new.....no version previous to V26 displayed this characteristic. It does it whether the screen is maximized or not. I have played with all the windows 11 scaling properties, including how windows handles high dpi displays, etc. - there is a small change but none of the settings solves the issue. I'll post a screen shot on windows.

tk1247

One scrreenshot is what the problem display looks like. The second shows when you right click the AD icon, left click properties, left click Compatibility, then left click Change High DPI Settings. I've tried all combinations of settings to no avail. All other icons, text, graphics looks correct except this one thing. The settings are all Win 11, I don't know of AD high dpi settings.

clipped display AD.png

shortcut properties AD.png

HaroldL

Alibre Super User
Have you been in contact with Support or submitted a ticket to them about this? Support is likely better able to resolve the issue for you. It may be something unique to your system.:confused:

Idahoan

No ones seeing this but me?
I'm seeing it but I'm only missing the d.
I remember a few versions back I had a similar problem but it was in the upper left corner, I got so that I just ignored it. I hadn't noticed the missing d until I saw your post and checked. I do have pretty old equipment so tend to chalk things up to compatibility issues.

Dave

HaroldL

Alibre Super User
I usually just look at the colors so I hadn't noticed until now but it seems I have a missing "D" also. I think that is something that may be hard coded into Alibre and Alibre Dev will need to look into it.

This is v26 running on Windows 10 and a new computer.

1671589879654.png

I entered a Support ticket on this.

Last edited:

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
Initial retesting by Development indicates this isn't straightforward, most computers that show the issue in v26 also show it in v25. Windows scaling seems to be involved, Win10 vs Win11 may be important.

Could those that see this issue and are able please compare v25 with v26 behaviour.

In addition to the simple comparison of text cropping, we need to have
Windows version
Display size (pixel counts)
Scale factor (and Windows recommended scale factor)
Graphics adapter

Just as importantly we'd be interested in detail where v26 isn't showing any truncation of the text.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Last edited:

jfleming

Alibre Super User
I only just noticed it on mine because it was pointed out here.

>Exists on V25 and V26
>Windows Version: Windows 10 Enterprise, Version 20H2; OS Build 19042.2364
>Display Size: 1920 x 1080 (Recommended)
>Scale Factor: 100% (Recommended)
>Graphics Adapter: Nvidia Quadro M2000

Thanks, hope this is helpful information.

NateLiquidGravity

Alibre Super User
Just off the top of my head - it might also be affected by things that affect the view size:
Ribbon vs no ribbon.
Menu vs no menu.
Toolbars active vs no toolbars active.
Toolbars locations.
Alibre Script active vs no Alibre Script active.
Alibre Script docked locations/size.
Width of design exporter.
Split windows.
Or some odd combination of those.
All of such things could be compared by full screenshots.

tk1247

- Mine crops off between the f and the i in undefined, as shown in my original post
- I only have V26, but don't remember noticing it in V25
- Windows 11 Pro for Workstations, version 22H2, OS build 22621.963
- Display size: 3840 x 2160 (recommended)
- Scale Factor: 150% (recommended)
- Graphics Adaptor: NVIDIA Quadro P2000

I note that all other features in the window, toolbars, and ribbon seem to be the right size and orientation, and nothing else seems out of place or cropped off. I am displaying ribbon and menu, no script. Changing design explorer width doesn't affect it, and changing from full screen to window doesn't affect it. No split windows.
I have played with all the windows "high dpi" tweaks, and some have a small effect, but none fix it. I can't use 100% scale factor because I wouldn't be able to see some of the text and icons.

idslk

Alibre Super User
Just off the top of my head - it might also be affected by things that affect the view size:
add language settings...
here no problems in "German":
1672252259450.png

maybe the textboxe(s) are not positioned in regards to the length of the string indside...

Regards
Stefan

HaroldL

Alibre Super User
@DavidJ,
I'm using Windows 10
about.jpg

with the following display settings:

1672257250334.png

1672257405093.png

v26
1672257109344.png

v25
1672257135401.png

And it is the same with the window maximized or normal.

Stu3d

Just to throw a spanner in the works it is the same in V23, undefined is missing 'ed'.
Windows 10 Home 21H2.
Laptop, 1080 full HD, 100% scaling, 1660Ti.
All tool bars etc. standard.

H.C

& now something weird...manage it to get it right...for once(messing around with scaling) but couldn't replicate it o_O
win11pro/v26