What's new

Vault download slow?

rollin45

I am assuming its because of the traffic, lots of folks at the same time trying to download. I've tried three times and given up after a couple of hours and the download meter telling me I have a couple more hours to go and very little in the way of activity.

I'm posting this to find out if others are experiencing this or if it is a problem on this end. Version 11 downloaded in just a few minutes, but I'm sure not having any luck on the vault.

regards

rollin'

bobster

It took over 1 1/2 hours last night on my cable connection.
12K transfer rates, just like the modem days.

indesign

Alibre Super User
According to the free download manager the number of connections to this server were reached. But the good news is that the program auto picks up at the point it disconnects.

Attachments

• download manager.gif
    download manager.gif
    41.5 KB · Views: 86

indesign

Alibre Super User
Not sure I will ever download again without using the Free Downlaod Manager.

Worked like a charm.

Every time the server disconnected the program picked right back up and continued the download.

BTW: it also made 4 connections to the server and downloaded the file in 4 segments. This way it got it with 156kbs even though the single connection was around 40kbs.

JordanCClark

Alibre Super User
You can also limit the number of connections it uses (for those of us thinking we need 16 connections to download from the server... :lol: )

rollin45

Thanks to all!

This evening things went very nicely, vault downloaded in about 15 minutes, and am finishing up some other misc. downloads.

I'm looking forward to firing up this new version.

best

rollin'