What's new

vb.net or c# for Alibre .dll addon

michael10

Has anybody produced an Alibre addon (user invoked .dll style) using vb.net, studio 2010 or earlier.

Failing vb.net has anybody produced a .dll addon using c#, studio 2010.

Thanks

Michael

sigseven

I don't think it's possible with the current AddOn framework. Or at least, I haven't been able to get it to work after quite a lot of trying, at any rate.

Since Alibre loads the AddOn using LoadLibrary and calling various exported methods, I think a C++ wrapper dll will be necessary. However, this still didn't get it working for me. I think going from managed code (Alibre Design) into unmanaged code (C++ wrapper) into managed (C# AddOn) in the same call caused .NET to flip out.

Though, if anyone has found a solution, I would be very interested in hearing about it as well.

Carlosco2

Hi,

Should be possible to have an example of a .dll addon in C++.?

In the API documentation there are some documentaion about the basic functions for creating the addon. I have been created one, but as I do not know how to have access to the methods and events of the Addon library, even if I can see them in the C# environment of the VS.

Specifically I would like to know how to obtain a hook to the addon library can be obtained inside the dll. I can not understand how to have access to the addon with the *pAutomationHook parameter from the AddOnLoad function. A basic sample should also be appreciated.

I would like this information to start creating a wrapper in C++ to use it from a VB. net main program.

Thanks

Carlos

wathavy4

Alibre Super User
I doubt it.

By considering the fact that simply making dll with C/C++ and making Add-on itself already takes good amount of work (which I quit because I ran out of time), I would be more frustrated by making them via Dot Net codings. Which I regard making things worse.

Additionally, I see API itself are still not well developed, (I am not ranting but simply abandoning it.) I would not make things more complicated than now.