What's new

Version 22 - Final Update

Max

Administrator
Staff member
v22 is live btw.

Part of the difficulty with predicting is that CAD software, generally, is highly dependent on many vendors. For example, we were going to release a few weeks ago, but we got an unexpected update that fixed a lot of great bugs and long-standing issues with HOOPS. 100% worth including and delaying a bit for. Cool, ship it! But we can't - HOOPS touches so many things that it is perfectly likely that some other thing broke - back the drawing board for testing the full product. During that, we got a nice update from DCM - cool, ship it - but it's always trust but verify. We had to test a bunch of sketch related functionality again.

If we made everything ourselves, we would have the advantage of greater predictability with the disadvantage of shipping once every six years. Different software teams with different products and different dependency levels can predict the future with quite varying degrees of certainty.

It's also not hyper critical for us to make an exact ship date - the overwhelming feedback we've gotten is "ship it when it's ready" - no one gets angry if it isn't shipped on an exact day predicted 3 months in advance. Everyone gets angry if it's broken.

HaroldL

Alibre Super User
I just updated to v22 and noticed that when I selected the option to open the Read Me file I got the pdf with a link to the Revision History but no v22. o_O Is that a bad link or the page just not updated yet?

BTW Max, I like the image on the start up flash screen.

HaroldL

Alibre Super User
How "just" did you install it - do you not see this:

View attachment 31801
I started AD and got a notice that an update was available. I selected to Update Now, let the download progress and shut down the current AD process. As the install progressed I went thru the OK selections and when it finished I selected the option to open the Read Me file. The Read Me opened a pdf in Adobe that had a link to the Release History and when I selected the link I got the page with v21 as the last version.

It may be that the page hadn't updated to include v22 when I got to it.

albie0803

Alibre Super User
Be aware if your My Documents is not in the default location, particularly if its on a networked drive, Alibre install may fail. If you are updating from within the program and it fails it will actually uninstall the program and you will have to download the installer to continue. Restore My documents to the default location, install Alibre and then remap My Documents to where it actually is.

Last edited:

GIOV

Alibre Super User
Hi Max I just install the ADV22, it just ok with legacy for my 64 bits laptop. Only a few details:
1.- Cursor line thickness and size setting;
2.- Feature Offset with Equation Editor.
I will not insist for the grid lines thickness setting for all Workspace.
Regards,
GIOV.

tk1247

Be aware if your My Documents is not in the default location, particularly if its on a networked drive, Alibre install will fail. If you are updating from within the program it will actually uninstall it. Restore My documents to the default location, install Alibre and then remap My Documents to where you want it.
Albie0803, not for me! I've had My Documents on my D drive forever, and never had a problem installing Alibre. V22 installed OK.

albie0803

Alibre Super User
Maybe its only applicable for networked drives. I had the same issue with the last update as well. I've edited my original comment.

Last edited:

dmckee101

Alibre Super User
I am suitably impressed with V22! I've seen changes while using the software as it's developed since version 8.2 in 2006, but this update has been the best I can remember.