What's new

Visual spur gear rotation V21

chiefshoe

This issue maybe related to the bug in release V21. I did not notice this behavior in the Beta Version. Playing with V21 and constraining two spur gears together in an assembly and then manually rotating them after completing the restraint process, the visual rotation presentation is erratic. They do no manually rotate at the constrained ratio (1:1). However after completing a single revolution they end up properly index at a 1:1 ration.
While manually rotating the gears, they do not stay in sync with each other.

My computer display driver is current.

domcm

@chiefshoe

See attached video (gear.zip) of what I get in the beta. I never downloaed the released (ish) version.

gear.png

Attachments

• gear.zip
    3.5 MB · Views: 9

chiefshoe

I have added a .pkg file of the issue I am reporting. V21 will be required to view the file.

Attachments

• Gear Pump sync V21.AD_PKG
    656.5 KB · Views: 6

domcm

@chiefshoe

Try redoing the constraint and constraining the cylindrical surfaces and not the faces of the gear teeth. You will need to properly align the gear teeth before you add the constraint. See attached video gear_rotation.zip. It is a little wonky to control the rotation with the mouse but works.

gear_rotation.png

Attachments

• gear_rotation.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 9

chiefshoe

Thanks for the info. Problem solved... I must have constrained the shafts when using the Beta Version because I remember the gear rotation was shown correctly.