What's new

What customer support?

sz0k30

Had a problem installing the latest version. And now its screwed up and I have no version at all. Tried to call the useless customer support number and guess what? No person to talk to. What a disappointment.

Nick952

Hi,

I also had a problem with the automatic update and ended up doing a fresh clean install.

This is the information I had from support after I submitted a ticket:-

------------------------------------------------------

I suggest uninstall, re-boot computer, re-install from a manual download.

Alibre Design Downloads - Alibre, LLC

If that doesn't work - or if you just want to be ultra cautious, then try the following

To uninstall from the registry you will need to find and delete the following files

C:>Program Files>Alibre Design

Start Menu>Search Bar> RegEdit
--HKey Current User>Software>Alibre
--HKey Current User>Software>Alibre Inc.
--HKey Local Machine>Software>Alibre Inc.

*if you cannot find the Alibre Inc in the HKey Local Machine folder, you will need to check HKey Local Machine>Software>Wow64Node folder.

This will ensure that all lingering files for Alibre are deleted so you will have a fresh install.

Then re-boot and run the installer.

---------------------------------------------------

Hope this helps.

Nick.

oilman

My sales contact mentioned that support tickets are handled in the order they are received which is why they require customers to enter tickets.

I personally think this is a good way to handle support requests. I would expect a support person working on my ticket to handle it first before picking up the phone for someone who called in after I submitted my ticket.

Imagine if you submit a ticket with your files/screenshots along with a detailed explanation... and it gets picked up by one of the support persons. The support person starts working on it and then gets interrupted by a phone call that lasts 2 hours. Even though you submitted a ticket first - you are forced to wait longer for a response.

Plus, entering a ticket allows support to gather all the necessary information upfront. I've dealt with support for other software/hardware companies - it's not uncommon for me to get bounced around from support person to support person - and I end up explaining everything 2 or more times. More often than not, it takes longer to verify who I am and what my problem is... than it does to get a response.

The above response from Nick is a great example of how much more efficient it is to submit tickets rather than take calls. Imagine the amount of time it would take via phone for a support person to hear the explanation for the problem, verify you have a license, and then walk you through each of those steps. I bet they are familiar with many issues customers enquire about and probably spend seconds looking at the ticket and a few more seconds sending a canned response for the easily addressed issues.

The Alibre support people I've dealt with have been excellent so far. I've gotten the majority of my tickets answered within an hour and even had tickets responded to in the wee hours of the morning and on weekends.

sz0k30

Hey Nick & oilman,

Been away from it for a while, but finally got it working. You guys were right about the process and the great support.