What's new

What happened to my CAM?

fabr

Today I uninstalled old Alibre and installed 14.0. I now don't have my CAM. Where did it go? WHat do I do?

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
Not sure what is happening, my CAM remains visible after updating to V2012.

If no one else here has any bright ideas, I'd suggest you raise a support ticket.

fabcadmz

Are you using the ribbon for AD2012? It should be under the add-ons tab in the ribbon.
Or try.. in a part workspace,press alt to bring up the menu bar and see if it is listed there the way it was in v2011.
:? :? :? :? I hope you get it figured out.

fabcadmz

Another thing to check is the that you dont have 64bit Alibre Design and 32bit CAM,or
Check to see if Alibre CAM is on the list of installed programs on the computer for sure, altho I doubt that is the problem
other than that I guess check with support

fabr

Both are 32 bit. I have contacted support and have set up a time for them to take over computer and see what's up. Just hoping to resolve this before tomorrow if possible. Probably won't be tho. This is all very frustrating to say the least.

fabr

Yesterday I set up a time ,10:AM ,for me to be here ,available,waiting for a call from tech support to take over my computer and see what's going on. Here it is 11:00 AM and still no call. Again ,pretty disappointing . I DO understand delays and such but I'll bet I never get the call. I have yet to get any e-mail repies and it's been 4 days now since I sent the first one. ANyway ,in frustration,I uninstall AC for the 3rd or 4th time ,reinstall and now it works. Gee thanks tech support for leaving me out in the cold to figure this out myself, once again,as per usual. :( :( :(