What's new

What is best practice for standard fastener hardware?

w3Leon

Hello All.
I’m looking for and advice or help with fasteners and standard hardware models (ie. screws, nuts washers). I’ve been using downloaded STP models of bolts, but I’m finding that a 528KB STP bolt model can result in a 1.15MB Alibre PRT file. Therefore, I would like to know if there’s a smarter and/or better way to build a collection (library) of standard attachment hardware for repetitive use, which will not hog memory space? Is there a Fastener Hardware Library that’s created for use in Alibre Design? Or, is there a Parametric Model that can be used to generate various size fasteners specific to Alibre Design software?

My software is Alibre Design Expert V26.
Thanks,
Walt

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
If you need metric fasteners, try importing to the dynamic part library the ISO fastener library that ships with Alibre Design from
"C:\ProgramData\Alibre Design\26.0.0.26040\Part Generator\Fasteners (ISO).AD_LIB"

w3Leon

If you need metric fasteners, try importing to the dynamic part library the ISO fastener library that ships with Alibre Design from
"C:\ProgramData\Alibre Design\26.0.0.26040\Part Generator\Fasteners (ISO).AD_LIB"
THANKS!! This is very good to know. It looks like the default is metric, so I'll play with this feature to see if I can get NF & NC sizes.
Have fun creating,
Walt