What's new

What is the correct working version of Alibre?

chiefshoe

I am currently running V23 (23036). Is this the released update replacing V22 or is it still a Beta version of V23?. I see posts referencing the latest release V23 however my splash screen reflects V23 Beta. My registration information reflects V23 (23036) as if it is not a Beta version... I'm curious is my V23 the final release or not??

Cator

Hi Adi,
in this forum there are those who have had your same problem, you could try to reinstall the program or at least restart your computer
Regards
Francesco

chiefshoe

Thanks for the heads up.. I just downloaded V23 (23050) from the website. For some reason I never got the notification that the final version was available.

Adi

Hi Adi,
in this forum there are those who have had your same problem, you could try to reinstall the program or at least restart your computer
Regards
Francesco
Hello, look at the first post, I only replied on it, with my version :) In my version there is no problem with start-up window etc.

KeithH

I never remember seeing an official notification either. Just noticed posts with guys using & commenting on it.
I never do betas (I’m not that brave to try). I was running version 22 and when version 23 was released (actually released, not the beta) then when I opened the program I got a pop up notifying me that a new version was a ait and it gave me the choice to update it or wait. I waited a week or so and then updated it and like it. If you decline to update like I did right away, it will ask you every time you start up the program

H-L-Smith

The same is true for me. I noticed forum postings for V23, but was not notified of the release. My maintenance is current too.

simonb65

Alibre Super User
The only place I see regular V23 'promotion', is on Facebook! Never had an email. Only seen it once buried in a forum topic. It's not on the main front page of Alibre's website! I was running the beta, and I'm sure something could have been done to inform those at start up that the full release is now available. :oops:

Would be really nice to get an email shot every time a release or patch is out. Not everyone has Facebook and many consider it blocked/banned in the work environment. I must get an email from Luxion every week, either telling me about an update or a feature tutorial for KeyShot!

On the flip side, if something was found to be wrong, then the number of users that would have upgraded, and may need assistance, would have been small ... ish! ;):eek:

NateLiquidGravity

Alibre Super User
Rolling out updates to users in groups instead of all at once - so that any problems that arise don't effect as many people at once - is a good thing for users and Alibre. However anyone who visits the website or manually goes looking for the update should be able to find it instantly when the first group gets it.

KeithH

Well I got the update pop up a week or so ago but downloaded it a few days or a week ago. I love it. It works great for me. The help and especially the preview thing is awesome. I’m not sure why you guys arent getting the update pop up unless you set it to not notify you, but it’s good.

big love Simon but I don’t need an email notification when I open my program and it tells me there is an update and asks if I want to update or wait. Your mileage may vary but I have default settings for this and that’s what I got every time I opened my program every day. I waited and watched the forum for any problems. After a while updated whe I felt ok and updated it. And I’m very happy that I did

Last edited: