What's new

What Is Your Favorite Background Color?

leeave96

What Is Your Favorite Background Color?

I have been using a dark background when modeling, but due to some glare problems over the weekend, I switched to the very dark background. I like it!

What is your favorate background color and why?

Bill

mr.ska

I've stayed with the default colour, and I've done so regardless of the CAD system I was using. I find white to be too hard on the eyes, and black tends to hide too much shaded detail. The standard default blue seems to be a good compromise.

For what it's worth, if a system has offered a "graded" background colour I've never bothered with it. I found very little benefit from it, if any.

Mibe

Alibre Super User
Re:

mr.ska said:
I've stayed with the default colour, and I've done so regardless of the CAD system I was using. I find white to be too hard on the eyes, and black tends to hide too much shaded detail. The standard default blue seems to be a good compromise.

For what it's worth, if a system has offered a "graded" background colour I've never bothered with it. I found very little benefit from it, if any.

Graded background "Top-White > Bottom-Light Blue" are "biologically" correct since they resemble the horizon. It seems to calm down the brain somehow.

I wait for the day when Alibre get this enhancement :)

A

Anonymous

I second that!!! I have asked for a gradient background several times since version 6 came out.

Cameraman

hmmm . . . I've never tried a gradient background, but in general I prefer a light background to a dark one . . .

Thus, I use the white background presently . . .

Regards,
Greg :D

McGuyver

Re:

You don't have to stick with the standard default background colors you know (olny about 3 or 4 to choose from I believe.) I don't remember exactly how to do it right now, but you have a whole pallet of solid custom colors to choose from. :D