What's new

What language do you use for the Alibre API?

What is your primary language for Alibre API development?

• Native C++ (Not using CLR)

Votes: 6 17.6%
  • Managed C++ (Using CLR)

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • C#

Votes: 11 32.4%
  • Visual Basic 6

• Visual Basic .NET

Votes: 8 23.5%
  • Java

• J#

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Delphi

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • Other (Respond with language)

Votes: 4 11.8%

• Total voters

sigseven

Please select the language you use the most to develop programs or addons which use the Alibre API. I'm working on updating the API help documentation, so I wanted to get a better sense of what most people are using.

cclark440

Alibre Super User
I chose other, maybe I should have chosen Delphi, because I want to use Borland CPPBuilder.

Up until this point though I have used VB.net.

NateLiquidGravity

Alibre Super User
I voted for vb.net because its the only one I use with the actual API. I would say I use AutoHotkey but that is unusual for most and I'm just now figuring out how to do API calls with it. :roll:

wathavy4

Alibre Super User
I make test with CLR, but the speed changes drastically when coding is ported to MFC.
Of course the API is running at the same speed, only my coding changes the speed.

MFC or C++ user become rare species recently, I am afraid, but please leave some space for MFC user to use API.
Actually, if you allow, raw Alibre dll for C/C++ is much better... 8)

etik

Having access to the API is a nice feature.

I've used the API from Excel with VBA to create a complex parametric assembly and played around with Delphi. Python could be quite interesting as well as it is supported by Blender which could be usefull for high quality renderings. Unfortunately I have no clue of Python nor Blender :cry:

The only thing I'm missing in the API so far is access to parameters inside assembly boolean objects.

If anybody is interested I'd be pleased to share my rudimentary code.

WoodWorks

Alibre Super User
I use VisualBasic .NET because I think it is the best language to use for beginners and to share on the forum.

I am looking into IronPython though.