What's new

When alibre crashes...

ftkalcevic

When alibre crashes back to windows and pops up the "Alibre Design has encountered a problem..." and there is the option to "Send Error Report", is there any point sending the error report? I know this goes to Microsoft but doesn't it get back to Alibre?

Attachments

• alibre crash.PNG
    alibre crash.PNG
    13.1 KB · Views: 690

wathavy4

Alibre Super User
Hi.
I also get the same message box when I make my own and give that to someone else.
For sure, I never received any information from MS.
I bet you don't have to worry about anything in this case.

But Alibre should. :?

swertel

Alibre Super User
I haven't talked with an Alibre rep personally about this message. But, I have talked with other software developers and they told me that MS does actually contact them when the problem is related to the vendor's software and not a MS issue. The developer even went on to say to always send those reports because it either makes MS Windows better or informs the developer to make their software better. Either way, it's a win for the user.

OTE_TheMissile

Alibre Super User
The only time I ever see anything result from clicking the "Send Error Report" button is when Windows itself goes ker-splat ("explorer.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We want you to believe that we're actually sorry for the inconvenience..." etc. etc.). I get this on my laptop once in a blue moon, usually when Adobe Reader or one of my antivirus/anti-spam programs decides to suddenly update itself while I'm playing one of my racing simulators. Shortly after clicking the button Internet Explorer will start itself and take me to a Microsoft website that basically explains what I already knew, that two resource-consuming programs tried to run at the same time, one interrupted the other, and Windows fell flat on its face.