What's new

Where are toolbar button menu files stored?

I upgraded from v2019 last November to v25, running under Windows 7. I lost all my toolbar customization in the process. I have laboriously recreated what I lost, and this time I documented all of my toolbars. Now I have finally been able to get v26 running under Windows 7, at least it opens and appears to work. But is there a way to import my v25 toolbar customization into v26, without starting over again from scratch? Or to put it differently, can toolbar files be edited like SolidWorks and Autocad, and if so, what are the file names, and where are they kept? I have just joined the Forum, and this is my first atttempt at a post. Thanks for your help. Dave

NateLiquidGravity

Alibre Super User
Toolbars are stored along with all other user settings and inside the User.NET.profile (newer versions include the version Alibre number at the end of the file as well. I've asked about separateing them from the rest of the settings numerous times to no avail.

Here is more info about transferring them:

Normally the toolbars should come in automatically when Alibre Design is updated. However the toolbars were changed in V25 which lead to them not porting over from earlier versions.

Nate, thanks for your help! I swapped the User.NET.profiles, and my v25 toolbars showed up in v26. However, I got quite a surprise, in that the toolbar buttons came in about 20 - 25% larger, and no longer fit on the screen. Also, many of the button faces (icons) have been changed. The icon setting in "System Options" is "Small" in both versions, so I don't know if anything can be done about it. Which raises a question in my mind as to whether I really need to upgrade to v26: are there enough worthwhile improvements in v26 to justify changing? I would be interested in your opinion! Thanks.

NateLiquidGravity

Alibre Super User
I brought up the toolbar icon size change during beta but unfortunately the change was made. Perhaps in a future version the icon size could be made a slider?

V26 had some really nice additions for drawings but you can find the whole list here to decide yourself. https://www.alibre.com/version26/