What's new

Where's my licence ???

steveastro

I paid up to renew my licence 10 days ago and I've heard nothing from "GeoMagic" - oh, I tell a lie, I've had a message asking how I found your support....
My answer is - absolutely appalling.

SURELY the system is automated ?

PPi

Oh, just be patient, I've already waited over three weeks by now. I guess my internet is too narrow for new license and v16 to arrive... :twisted:

Alright kiddies, let's put this in perspective. 3D Systems made a choice that, supposedly, will result in better and more reliable license control in the long run. No, I am not sure I believe that assumption myself, but that appears to be the decision. Now, in the course of making this changeover some things have gone wrong. Does this really surprise anybody here?

Not counting this forum, I know of two people who have the I never got the e-mail with my license update information issue. I am having a minor problem with respect to Dynamics being shown as licensed myself. I know that these issues are being investigated and worked through on the 3DS side of the street. Is it really rational to expect them to send out, We are aware of your problem and are still looking for the root cause... messages rather than preferring to send out a message reading, Aha, we found & fixed the problem and the solution for you is...?

Yes, the complexity of making this changeover was underrated by 3DS. Yes, 3DS should be making the process of dealing with these issues more transparent. However, we can expect that they will solve them and make reasonable amends as they have demonstrated this a couple of time since their takeover of Alibre. If you think this is "bad," you ought to see the chaos resulting from the McDonnell-Douglas people taking over the top management spots at Boeing! -- Something I have a ringside seat to watch...

Jimpulse

Alibre Super User
Lew_Merrick said:
Is it really rational to expect them to send out, We are aware of your problem and are still looking for the root cause... messages

Actually Lew, in the case you describe and with the low incident count...I think that it's completely rational to expect them to send something out ackknowleging a problem, if the only other option is NO Response at all .

Particularly in light of the perception on the part of many users that 3DS / GM is not paying the least bit of attention to to us.

-jimpulse

PPi

steveastro, have you received your licence? I'm still waiting, just submitted a new ticket about this. This is ridiculous.

[Update 10. April 2014]
Last night I received an e-mail from 3dsystems@flexnetoperations.com including my license information. Not sure why it took so long but at least the v16 install and license entry worked out without a hitch. So, if someone is still missing the license, just keep sending e-mail to them and subit a ticket to 3D System support, eventually it seems to sort out...