Which graphic-chip manufacturer do you use

Which graphic-chip do you use for AD

• NVIDIA

Votes: 18 78.3%
  • AMD / ATI

Votes: 5 21.7%

• Total voters

ASP

Due to some problems using ATI graphiccards, I want to know who else uses ATI.
I am the only one having issues using an ATI graphiccard ?

kev h

From my limited knowledge and what ive read Nvidia seem better for work stuff as seem to be more stable and reliable etc but for gaming you get more bang for buck with ATi.

Ive always had Nvidia and has always been fine with cad cam.

Cheers Kev 8)

kev h

:D

Yeah suppose that setup might just about run Crysis on medium settings :wink: :lol:

Nice Pc still prefer a Nvidia GPU in there (550 or 560 :twisted: )

Does ATi cross fire cause any probs with CAD or is it smooth as ??

Cheers Kev 8)

bigseb

Alibre Super User
I like Nvidia. Never tried AMD. That said the new AMD Fusion processor comes with a built in graphics chip (as do Intel's Sandy Bridge processors) but unlike SB it has DirectX installed too. Theoretically one could now run AD without a dedicated graphics card...

DM8761

to be honest ive never noticed anything less then perfect... if i cant see a line or something, i usually forgot that i had it turned off haha. i have a few times had like a 250+ part assembly (2/3 of that prolly being sub assemblies) open and if i try to rotate it fast it stutters for about a half a second at frist, but then its fine the rest of the session. Once in a great while a few surfaces wont show up, but if i set the curve smoothness like around 100 or so it fixes it. i actually took the design acccelerator button off my toolbar.. never needed it. and this is all the while running itunes, excel, i explorer, and which other reference materials, if not another window of alibre itself. just keep ur drivers updated, and keep the computer box cool and you'll be aces

ASP

so, ok... what is this about:
In my honest opinion 3D views in Alibre looks really awful without anti-aliasing (AA).
For whatever reason the guys at alibre are not able to support AA, but via the driver it is easily possible to set the graphiccards AA mode.
lo and behold, very smooth and clear shaped edges.
This works for both ATI and Nvidia, BUT on actual ATI cards in 3D-workspace reference- and guide-lines get lost - the are not shown anymore.
On Nvidia cards this seems to work without any issues.
I think there should be a warning:
DO NOT USE ATI GRAPHICCARDS FOR ALIBRE (if you want to have anti-aliasing)