What's new

Which version to install 32 or 64 bit Geomagic and Dynami

IKRAJ

I would like to know if I can now install the 64 bit version of Geomagic and will it support motion (Dynamics for Geomagic 64 bit).
As I recall, the earlier versions had to run in 32 bit mode if you wanted to run motion.
Could a user that has installed and is running the latest version of Geomagic please advice me as to which versions I should install, the 32 or 64 bit?
Is the 64 bit version of Geomagic supporting all the functions that the 32 bit version did in the previous version?

Your help will be greatly appreciated.

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
Yes and No.

64 bit Dynamics works with 64 bit GMD.

64 bit GMD does not directly support the Alibre Part Library (though this is available via a web page - so can be used with 64 bit GMD).

IKRAJ

DavidJ,

Which website do you go to to convert the part from GMD to be used with GD.
Also, would you mind giving me an example of how you port the part from GMD to GD?

So based on your experience do you recommend to install the 32 or the 64 bit version of both products or can I install the 32 bit GMD and 64bit GD (although it does not make sense to me)?

IKRAJ

DavidJ,

Please excuse my answer. I did not realize hat what you were referring to was the "Parts Library" Off course it can be reached directly at their website .... I don't know where my head was when I read your reply :oops: .

Drutort

Another question to ask, are you using any other software or plugins? any CAM? for example I am using CAM that the plugin only works in 32bit, so far I have not ran into limits of 32bit, while others with very complex assemblies have done so, and I believe that has more to do with memory limitations of 32bit software then the software code 32bit vs 64bit.