What's new

Why are constraints no longer shown under parts?

HaroldL

Alibre Super User
They show up on my system. Are they missing from all your assemblies?
Looks like you may have a bogus install and may need to do a re-install with a Restart in between uninstall and reinstall.

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
Try re-setting your Alibre user profile, using the link on the Utilities Tab of the Home Window.

oldfox

Alibre Super User
Is there anything on the development schedule that would tend to make the "User Profile" something approaching "bullet proof"?

I just recently had to reset my profile per David J.'s suggestion and it cured the problem. (I think he has that statement on speed dial!);)

simonb65

Alibre Super User
Is there anything on the development schedule that would tend to make the "User Profile" something approaching "bullet proof"?
+1, and split it up so that every setting, etc, isn't stored all in one place, one point of failure! It's a very big file and lots of settings if/when one thing gets screwed up.

PS. Smaller granular settings files would probably help dev find which part of Alibre is corrupting it too.

Last edited:

JST

Alibre Super User
The problem with resetting your profile , which amounts to deleting it and letting Alibre generate a new one, is that you LOSE all your settings. Even the menus are deleted back to bare bones. It can be very difficult to rebuild everything.

Yes, you can back it up, and simply copy the backup over the file. The problem there is if that file is corrupted, or Alibre decides it does not like that one, which has happened, you are back to square one.

That file needs to be more bulletproof.

It would be nice if the file could be examined to see what settings are selected in it. Some programs have a format for such files that allows the user to look through and see what was set. It is a formatting issue, with the nicer versions having the portions and entries labeled.

Reactions: MKR