What's new

Why can I not upload native Alibre files?

z28tt

If the fancy new forums could be modified to allow native Alibre files, that would make things nice. I guess it's me, but I get lazy and don't bother downloading zip files to see what folks have questions with. If I can download a native Alibre file and open it right away, that would make me less lazy and more helpful! :)

A.

Dear Members,

Based on your requests, we've opened up the following extensions for uploads: ad_asm, ad_bom, ad_drw, ad_prt, ad_smp, dwg, dxf, iges, igs, step, stp.

This is in addition to the archive formats (ace, gtar, gz, hlp, rar, tar, zip) and image formats (gif, jpeg, jpg, png, tga, tif).

This should cover the most common scenarios. You may start uploading with these file extensions moving forward.

A

Anonymous

MilesH said:
Thanks.

And the ability to upload in all forums?

We're considering opening up the upload abilities, but we want to test the amount of incoming spam with the new version before we do so to be safe. If the new phpbb version has the impact on spam that we are expecting, we will likely be adding this soon.

Ralf

Alibre Super User
My proposal: :wink:

<head>
User-agent: MSNBOT
Disallow: /

msn_bot.jpg

...he is very activ ...

Ralf

Alibre Super User
OT: Why can I not upload native Alibre files?

indesign said:
MSN bot is just a MSN search engine. It scans the sight for the search database.

Thank you for your wise answer Tim. :wink:
We support here in Germany a CAD forum with 75,000 active users.
If we would allow each BOT with a permanent forum search/index, the performance would significantly decrease.
The "crawl-delay" must be adjusted (or be banned)

An example:
user-agent: msnbot
crawl-delay: 120

Tim, I would like to help or share my experience -> No more and no less.

A

Anonymous

aa28 said:
We're considering opening up the upload abilities, but we want to test the amount of incoming spam with the new version before we do so to be safe. If the new phpbb version has the impact on spam that we are expecting, we will likely be adding this soon.

It seems the new Phpbb version of the forums has been quite successful in regards to spam. We've decided to open up the ability to attach files directly to threads in the 'Alibre Design User Group' forum rather than having to use the binaries. The change has already been made, so you should be able to use it now.

Enjoy!