What's new

Why can't I dimension this radius?

Garryp4

I changed the dimension to the sketch "Rod Holder Sketch Right" to .350 which worked fine. Then I tried to change the same dimension in sketch "Rod Holder Sketch Left" and the value is greyed out. I can't figure out why. There is a mirrored hole and a chamfer, but I deleted them and still could not make the change.

Thanks

Attachments

• PCB Holder_1_4_r1.AD_PRT
    1,020 KB · Views: 10

H.C

remove/delete the R,7500
delete theR,328.. dimension
redemension the ,328072 to,350
done :)
good luck :)

HaroldL

Alibre Super User
I changed the dimension to the sketch "Rod Holder Sketch Right" to .350 which worked fine. Then I tried to change the same dimension in sketch "Rod Holder Sketch Left" and the value is greyed out. I can't figure out why. There is a mirrored hole and a chamfer, but I deleted them and still could not make the change.

Thanks
It looks like you have a few more dimensions in the RH sketch than in the LH sketch. If you're looking to make the part symmetrical I would suggest getting the RH side set then mirror to the LH side. It's always a challenge to get two opposite features to resolve/update the same if they are created individually, Mirror will eliminate the chance of errors creeping in.