What's new

Why I will never see videos from Solidworks

NateLiquidGravity

Alibre Super User
Somehow I got on Solidworks email list (most likely through their 3D Content Central) but I don't mind since they are so infrequent and I like reading about what "new feature" they have. However, I will never see one of the videos the emails link me to. See why below.

Attachments

• BAD SW.png
    BAD SW.png
    16.4 KB · Views: 1,073
And when you do sign up you will phoned by salesman for the next year.

Good product though, shame about the price. Had the free trial for a month, built the entire kit car chassis and load tested it easily within that time thanks to frame generator and integrated fea.

dammerel

greenamex2, I did the same thing with a 30 day trail of inventor 2012
Yes the frame generator and FEA are great but at $5k..hard to justify

I hope one day that autodesk etc will have a subscription model, ie pay per year
something like that would be great for a small business

Andrew

bigseb

Alibre Super User
greenamex2 said:
.. Good product though, shame about the price...

My feelings exactly. But then as long as Alibre gives me the same end result as Solidworks there's no justification to purchase it. As it is Solidworks only has a handful of features I would like (not need, like). In the end though I would prefer to stay with Alibre.

AndrewTing

cclark440 said:
And when you do sign up you will phoned by salesman for the next year.

Hell, I looked into SW 10 years ago before we bought Alibre, and I still get calls and emails!

Yup, same here... anywhere in the world... they'll hunt you down... distro to distro. :lol:

rbrian

Looks Like an old Army /Navy/Airforce Tune ...."You can run, but you can't hide!"

On the other hand - here is how to see them on your terms: Our California Friends - Google can help - youtube Solidworks Videos" and here is a first link - http://www.youtube.com/user/solidworks So that works!

Here is one in the usual links on youtube - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6i6BGdZG7fc - so - the thing is - don't fee trapped by the data collection process and miss leading linking (Advertising) on the solidworks site - it's just some SEO Nut has them collecting the same information for each video you would like to see - rather than simply having you sign in once and have access to them!

Robert