What's new

windows 11

drbris

How dos AD play with Win 11. My newer laptop is hot to upgrade, but don't have 11 on desktop where i use AD the most

Ken226

Alibre Super User
Great for me so far. Better than windows 10.

I've been v24 and v25 beta with Windows 11 pro for a couple months.

Last edited:

simonb65

Alibre Super User
How dos AD play with Win 11. My newer laptop is hot to upgrade, but don't have 11 on desktop where i use AD the most
@Max, the Alibre CEO uses Win11, so I'm sure if there are any issues, Alibre would be aware and on top of them already!

Ken226

Alibre Super User
The default options for hidden folders are a bit different though. That's caused me a little heartburn with add-ons for Alibre and CamBam.

Some files folders that are visible in windows 10 are hidden by default in windows 11.

RocketNut

Alibre Super User
I think there is a bug between Windows and Abibre, because I have to run Alibre in Admin mode!!!!!!

Ken226

Alibre Super User
I'm using Alibre on two different Windows 11 computers, and havn't had to run either in admin mode.

You should put in a support ticket.

gwbruce

I'm running Alibre on Windows 11 laptop with no issues. I was afraid to upgrade for a long time and one day just decided to do it. Haven't looked back since.

RocketNut

Alibre Super User
I have reported this to support several months ago, but not heard back them. I guess my support ticket has a low priority. :(

bolsover

I've been running Win 11 on an unsupported Dell precision 7710 with xeon processor for several months. No problems with V24 but did have an issue with the latest Nvidia drivers an V25 beta. I rolled back the Nvidia driver which seemed to resolve the issue. I've since rolled back to V24. Whatever, I'll be sticking with Win 11. Seems to be a very well polished OS.
David

Ken226

Alibre Super User
I've been running Win 11 on an unsupported Dell precision 7710 with xeon processor for several months. No problems with V24 but did have an issue with the latest Nvidia drivers an V25 beta. I rolled back the Nvidia driver which seemed to resolve the issue. I've since rolled back to V24. Whatever, I'll be sticking with Win 11. Seems to be a very well polished OS.
David

Same experience here: It seems to be a worthwhile upgrade from Win 10.

I installed It on my unsupported desktop a few months ago, and despite being obselete, the desktop PC runs better on Win 11 than it did on Win10. My Lenovo laptop came with Win 11 preinstalled.

Last edited:

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
One issue that a small number of users have seen is detailed in this thread (as is the solution - see post #6)