What's new

Wireframe Mode : Is this expected behaviour?

Abhijit

I usually like to turn on Wireframe mode during sketching.
So I have this model in early concept phase, and all the view modes work fine in Assembly and Parts.

However, I wanted to go back in history and add a new feature which I thought should have been added earlier in the model history.
For that when I roll back the marker, I loose the Wireframe mode ability, ie. the active part still shows as shaded. All the other modes seem to be working as intended.

I am attaching the assembly as a package, would be curious to know if it's the same for others or I messed up something in my file or installation.
Also, while we're at it, would love to get tips/advices if I am using the software with the right methodologies specially the Global Parameters.

PS: Apologies the Audio Interface caught the background music, I only noticed after uploading.

Attachments

• Abhijit_DialAssembly.AD_PKG
    244.8 KB · Views: 3

HaroldL

Alibre Super User
I just had a go at your assembly and saw that when I did and Edit Here and updated the part to make the Mirror features the part did change from wire frame to shaded view for that part.
It may be just how Alibre works. I think this may be a question for Support to see if that behavior is normal.

Abhijit

I just had a go at your assembly and saw that when I did and Edit Here and updated the part to make the Mirror features the part did change from wire frame to shaded view for that part.
It may be just how Alibre works. I think this may be a question for Support to see if that behavior is normal.
Thankyou for taking the time @HaroldL

I noticed that when I leave the marker midway in the Part history, go out to assembly and back to Edit Part, the features uptil the marker are at Wireframe Mode.
Wireframe mode only goes haywire if inside the Part we change the history marker.
Go out and back in, wireframe displays correctly again, change the marker and it forces Shaded view.

Hmm I just started client work and it's like all day work happening right now.

Food for thought : It would be soo nice/quick/convenient if:
- Either Senior Members or Moderators had the power to escalate the problem direct to the Support from within this place.
- The support staff if sees any weird behaviour happening on the forum, and other members too are able to reproduce it, Support Staff can pitch in like, "Hey this seems like an issue. We have registered a Ticket_No or BugReport = 01234 for this case and has been escalated.

That would be soo good. Also transparent because other users would be able to see what all issues are being recognised and be aware of them instead of private emails.
Anyway, I will definitely write an email to support.

NateLiquidGravity

Alibre Super User
The support staff if sees any weird behaviour happening on the forum, and other members too are able to reproduce it, Support Staff can pitch in like, "Hey this seems like an issue. We have registered a Ticket_No or BugReport = 01234 for this case and has been escalated.
This does happen. Support staff comment quite often. Even the Alibre CEO comments on the forums sometimes.

Abhijit

This does happen. Support staff comment quite often. Even the Alibre CEO comments on the forums sometimes.
Aah yes I've seen Mr. Freeman here very frequently.

That was just me wondering about noting bugs from within the forums, the subject be changed to xyz [Case ID:abc] or the senior members could escalate it directly to Alibre staff to take a look at something sus, could be an efficient way instead many different people talking sometimes about the same issues over email threads and different timezones.
When I have any issues I usually first search the forums for solutions or if similar issues were raised.